A question concerning Abby Cadabby's intro to the show....

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I have just one question concerning the introduction that we were given on Abby Cadabby....When she was introduce to the show just who was playing :wisdom: during the episode ?

Because I was just wondering with Mr. Spinney's renowned talent of being the Bird and the history of the character, it would be interestesting to see how the "rookie" muppet player dealt with the legendary classic like him ?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I believe it was Caroll preforming Big Bird in the episode as he usually does.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i bet she would have been nervous beforehand, but not while performing, because i bet caroll is SO good he's not intimidating--like the bird comes alive so well that you'd forget a living legend and master artist was in there and that you were seeing him in action at his craft, and you'd feel totally at ease chatting with the curious, tall, yellow, 6-year-old who's been your friend all your life. that's just my guess.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maybe so. But Lesly is a very good performer! I imagine anybody working next to Caroll for the first time would be a little nervous.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if that was indeed her first time on Sesame Street. After all, her puppeteer was actually pretty seasoned... She was with Henson for some time. Check out the Muppet Wiki page on her. I'd wager she would have been just as nervous working with Dave Golez and others who were with the Muppets since the beginning (or at least the Muppet Show era).