A questionable mistake

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Well gang, here we are again. I am in the process of writing two more stories before this, but lost focus. So maybe this can make up for them.

Chapter 1.

Kermit was looking out from the right wing of the stage, watching Miss Piggy's musical number. She was performing "Tomorrow", from the musical "Annie" with Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Robin dressed up as the orphan kids. The audience did not take it well.
"BOO!"
"GET OFF THE STAGE!!"
"I paid fifty cents for this?"

Miss Piggy stopped and started to raz at the audience.
"Hey! We're trying to do a song here!"
"Well try to do it right!"
Her face started to turn a bright shade of red.
"THAT DOES IT!!"
She started to run towards the audience, but Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie and Robin held her back.
"It's not worth it boss!" Scooter said to her.
"LET ME AT IM! LET ME AT IM!"
They pulled her off the stage, and headed off backstage. Kermit facial expressions shown that he wasn't too pleased by the performance.
"Piggy, that's the fifth time this week you tryed to hurt an audience member."
Piggy was still in her state of rage.
"BACK OFF FROG!"
"Piggy, please calm down..." Kermit pleaded.
"CALM DOWN?! I'LL SHOW YOU CALM DOWN!!"
Before Kermit could speak, she karate chopped him. But this wasn't a regular chop though. She used her full force. Kermit slammed against the wall, leaving a imprint of his body. He collapsed on the floor in a ungracefull matter.
"KERMIT!" Fozzie ran towards his fallen best friend.
"He's not breathing...." Fozzie said in a shocked whisper.
"Oh my gosh, what do we do?" Gonzo asked in a uncharacteristic scared tone of voice.
"I'll call the hospital." Scooter said, and he ran as quick as his gopher legs could carry him.
Piggy didn't move. Her anger had left her, and she finally realilized what she'd done.
".......Kermie...I'm so sorry..." She said in a whisper.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooooooooooooooh! The title of this story is fabulous! And I like what seems to be shaping up into a great premice!

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 2.

At the hospital, St. Quack, all of Kermit's closest friends and relatives were sitting in the lobby, hoping against hope that Kermit would be alright. At one side sat; Fozzie, Scooter, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Clifford, and the Electric Mayhem. On the other side; Kermit's parents James and Jane, his sister Maggie, his brother Jimmy, and many other frog relatives. Robin was sitting on Maggie's lap, gently sniffling.
Piggy, however, had her back against the wall, thinking.
"How could I have done this to him? He's the light of my life, the sugar in my coffee, my love, my life......" A tear rolled down her face.
Maggie couldn't take it anymore. She gently nudged Robin to go on Jimmy's lap and stormed up to Piggy. Maggie is usually a good spirited frog, but in this case, she was irate and furious.
"How could you do this to him?" She forcefully asked her.
Piggy looked up at the female frog's face.
"Huh?"
"My brother loves you, and this is how you return it. Words cannot describe how disgusted I am of you right now."
"Maggie...."
"No, don't inturrupt me! You think you can boss other people around just to get what you want. Well guess what? The person you have always wanted in your life is in a questionable state right now, and if he goes......"
Maggie looked at the floor, and her voice began to crack. She looked up at Piggy again.
"If he goes, it is on your shoulders. You will have nobody to blame but yourself." Maggie turned and walked away from Piggy. Maggie's words were still repeating in Piggy's ears, making her feel two inches tall.
She watched Maggie go over to Robin. She couldn't hear their conversation, but she watched Maggie pick up Robin and hugged him close. They were both crying. The frog family were all crying.
Kermit's friends were in a somber state as well. Clifford took his sunglasses off and dabbed his eyes with a tissue. Gonzo didn't look like a daredevil. He looked like he lost everything in his life. Fozzie didn't crack any jokes. He looked like he lost everything too.
It felt like an eternity before the doctor came out.
"Mr. Frog?"
"Yes, I'm Mr. Frog." James stood up and walked over to the doctor.
"Your son is doing fine, but in bad shape. It is a miracle he is alive."
James just nodded his head.
"It will be a few weeks before he can get on his feet again. He may need to go on crutches, but other than that, he just needs rest."
"Thank you doctor." James said.
The doctor nodded and walked away.
James walked to the large group. They held their breath.
"Kermit's going to be OK."
A rush of relef ran through the vains of Kermit's family and the Muppets.
"Oh thank goodness. Hey Piggy, Kermit's going to be OK!" Scooter said.
Piggy looked up. She was overjoyed, but still felt really bad.
"Huh? Oh, yeah, wonderful!"
"What's wrong Piggy?"
"Nothing, let's go home."
"But...."
"Let's go." She said forcefully.
"But don't you want to see Kermit?"
Piggy stopped. She sighed.
"I can't see him. Not after what I had done to him."
She walked back to the Electric Mayhem bus.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 3.

"Yo yo yo! Look who's back!"
Kermit, with assistance from Clifford, walked up the stairs to the backstage. Everyone rushed up to Kermit.
"How are you feeling Kermit?"
"The orchestra pit exploded again."
"Der mor der chicky in der basky."
"FROGGY! FROGGY!"
"Hey Kermit, how do you feel about a professional wrestling match on the show?"
"Whoa whoa whoa! Kerm's got to sit down." Clifford told the group. The Muppets made a pathway and Clifford led Kermit to a chair. Kermit, with his bandaged head, midsection brace, and a cast on his leg, sat down on the chair and rested his crutches on the wall.
"Well everyone, it's good to be back."
Fozzie put his hand on Kermit's back.
"We're glad to have you back Kermit."
Kermit looked at the faces, but there was one missing.
"Where's Piggy?"
The Muppets shared worried glances at each other.
"She hasn't been coming to practice."
"Si. De pig is MIA, hokay?"
Kermit's smile slowly faded.
"Well, if you see her, could you tell her I want to talk to her?"
"You could tell me right now."
Everyone looked at the direction of the voice. Piggy walked up the stairs, and walked over to Kermit. She looked like she hadn't slept in days.
"......hi Kermie."
Kermit's face went stone cold.
"Piggy, we need to talk."
"How are you?" She asked.
"I'm fine, but Piggy, we have a problem."
Piggy knew what he was going to say.
"Piggy, your recent actions have been irresponsible and unprofessional."
Piggy sadly nodded.
"And you put my life in serious jeopardy."
Piggy nodded again.
Kermit sighed. He knew this was going to be tough.
"Piggy........you're fired."
Piggy gasped.
"....but...but Kermie.."
"No buts. I cannot let you put the lives of the show's performers in danger."
"Kermie...I was upset..." Piggy started to cry.
Kermit's eyes began to fill with tears as well.
"I know, but this has been going on for too long. I want you and your things out of here by 3:00 p.m."
The other Muppets were extremely surprised of what was happening. Kermit fired Piggy before, but just to prove a point. This was the real deal.
"I wish you luck on your future endeavors." Kermit put out his hand for a handshake.
Piggy ran up the stairs and slammed the dressing room door behind her.
After a few minutes of silence, Gonzo finally spoke up.
"What do we do now?"
Kermit said nothing. He just stared at the floor.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Woah!!! Piggy fired!!!

Small point, you should just send a PM to Lisa and check it's ok to use maggie before you use her since she was created by Lisa. I'm sure it's ok, and you did a good job with her but I know Lisa likes to keep tabs on her characters.

The rest of the characterisation is great. I like how CLifford is totally in charge around there.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Lisa, if you can hear me, was it OK to use Maggie in this story? If not, I apologize. I hope it was OK. If not, I won't do it again. I promise.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, don't sorry I'm sure she won't be mad. :stick_out_tongue: And, like i said, she doesn't mind peep's using her character, but it's nice to just check first.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh wow, I'm loving this story so far, and I love the title! I wonder how Kermit could do such a thing as fire Piggy. They're a family; he said it himself! I can't wait to read what happens next!
And don't worry about using Maggie, or any other characters. Beth used her for her last story, and I could be wrong, but I don't believe she contacted Lisa first. I rather believe Lisa will be plesently surprised when she sees her.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 4.

A few weeks passed, and Kermit was almost fully recovered. Just a little bruised. It was another morning routine at the boarding house.
"Pass de syrup hokay?"
"YUMMY! YUMMY!"
"Down Animal!"
"Bunch of weirdos...."
Meanwhile, Robin was taking a tray of food up to Miss Piggy's room. She hadn't left the house for weeks, and only went out of the room for restroom purposes, or to eat with the others.
"Aunt Piggy? I brought you some breakfast."
Robin peeked in the small crack of the slightly opened door, and saw Piggy lying on her bed just staring at the ceiling. She looked up and saw the little frog with the huge tray of food.
"Oh Robby,thank you. But you don't have to call me "Aunt Piggy"."
"I know." Robin smiled at Piggy. "So, have you found any work?"
Piggy's slight smile faded as immediately as it came.
"No dear, I haven't."
Robin put the tray of food on Piggy's bed and sat next to her.
"Aunt Piggy, maybe you can talk to Uncle Kermit. If you say you're sorry, maybe he'll hire you back."
Piggy stared at the ground.
"You don't understand Robby. I almost.......Robby I really hurt him this time. I just can't face him." Her voice began to crack.
"But Uncle Kermit is alright now, and we frogs are fast healers. Please Aunt Piggy, talk to him."
"I don't know Robby....I...."
"He misses you."
Piggy's eyes became wide.
"What did you say?"
"He misses you. He can't stop thinking about you either. And he can't stop talking about you. It's driving us bananas." Robin said. He looked at Piggy, but she was gone.
"Au...Aunt Piggy? Hmmm...was it something I said?"

Piggy cautiously went to Kermit's door and knocked gently. The door opened and that familiar green face answered.
"Yes?"
"Hi Kermie." Piggy said.
"Oh. Hi Piggy."
"How are you?"
"Much better. Thank you for asking."
"Kermie, can I talk to you?"
"Sure. Come on in."
Piggy entered Kermits room, and saw something on his bedside table. A picture of her.
"What was it you wanted to talk about?" Kermit asked.
Piggy sat down on his bed, and Kermit sat down next to her.
"Kermie, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."
Kermit nodded.
"I know you didn't. It was just your temper getting the best of you."
"But that's just it Kermie. My temper always gets the best of me, and I can't stop it. I almost.....killed you."
She began to cry. Kermit put his arm around her. He didn't know what to say in a situation like this.
"Piggy....."
"Kermie, I promise, I will get my anger problem under control. But I just don't know how."
Kermit, just then, got a idea.
"I could help you."
"Huh?"
"Sure. We can all help you. We'll be your teachers of the art of being "Laid-Back."
"You can help me?"
Kermit took her hand and held it.
"Piggy, if you can pass the class, I will rehire you."
Piggy's sorrow suddenly faded away.
"Thank you Kermit! We should get started right away!"
So then, Piggy and Kermit exited the room and went downstairs to tell everyone.

"Now then Piggy, for you first lesson of being laid-back, you will need to get in this closet, and stay in there for fifteen minutes." Rowlf pointed to an open closet.
Piggy confidently walked inside.
"Easy."
"Hold on now, we're not finished. You will have some company. Mr. Poodlepants, Bill the bubbleguy, and Lew Zealand."
Piggy frowned a little.
"Oh."
Mr. Poodlepants, Bill and Lew went inside the closet with her. Rowlf shut the door. Kermit smiled.
"Well this lesson is going smoo....."
Just then, they heard a loud "HIYA!", the door exploded and Poodlepants, Bill, and Lew went flying through it. Piggy stepped out of it.
"How'd I do?"
Rowlf looked at the stopwatch.
"I didn't even start the stopwatch."
"Oh rats."
Kermit frowned a little bit.
"This may be tougher than I thought. Hey guys, are you OK?"
Bill sat up.
"Hi, I'm Bill, and teeth fall out of my mouth."
He fainted again.
Kermit frowned more.
"Sheesh."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Fraggleforever said:
Bill sat up.
"Hi, I'm Bill, and teeth fall out of my mouth."
He fainted again.
Kermit frowned more.
"Sheesh."
*laughing uproariously* OH MY GOODNESS!!! That really brought me up in good spirits!!! Oh my.....I loving this story!!!!