A Really Weird Thing...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
that's a disturbing story erin. i think it has to be one of the most if not the most disturbing story on the muppet central boards. it sounds like this guy who had a bomb strapped on him was forced to do this. i hope i never have to go through something like that. it's bad enough that you see bad stuff like this all the time on the news. i just hope i don't have to be there to witness something bad.

ryan
I know, it is pretty unnerving. It has folks in Erie pretty shaken up. It sounds like the police are treating it as though they feel it was a homicide.
Erin

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
It sounds very suspicious indeed. :confused:

I know this is off topic but I just realised that Erin is from Erie and she likes Ernie :stick_out_tongue: too, is it a strange coincedence or is it just me?
:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
I know this is off topic but I just realised that Erin is from Erie and she likes Ernie :stick_out_tongue: too, is it a strange coincedence or is it just me?
:smile:
LOL!!! :crazy: That is indeed rather strange!
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
WOW. This was just the lead-off story on Good Morning America. Crazy...
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, it's almost two weeks later and this keeps getting stranger and stranger. They've now discovered Brian Wells, the pizza guy / bank robber had a scavenger hunt he was supposed to complete, apparently with the key to remove the bomb at the end. They followed the scavenger hunt to the last site, which took more than 22 minutes. And then he had to find what he was looking for after that. There's not much chance he could've made it, especially with the police on his tail. But what a weird thing! They're pretty sure now that Brian Wells was a victim, but a lot of things don't add up. Like he waited in line to rob the bank, and he was completely calm after police apprehended him even though he was attached to this bomb. I hope they are able to solve this case for the sake of his family. It's so bizarre...
Erin

FozzieBear

Reaction score
That story sent a shiver down my spine, freaky stuff..

FozzieBear (Luke)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Geez Louise! I heard about this a few days ago. I'm glad you're okay. I didn't realize you lived right near there.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Thanks, Scoot. Luckily none of the bystanders were hurt. My mom and I were maybe half a mile away or so at the time, but we didn't find out about it until that night.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Brian Wells was one of the subjects of this morning's episode of the John Walsh show. One of our local newscasters, Lou Baxter, who had previously appeared on GMA in relation to this case, came on the show and discussed it with Walsh. They also had commentary from Wells' brother and some police officials. He asked his audience to judge whether Wells was a victim or a criminal, and I think everyone in the audience said he was a victim. That's certainly the impression around here. And even if he was involved, there is overwhelming disappointment in the police force and the bomb squad for failing to help remove the bomb from his neck. According to Lou Baxter, they probably couldn't have saved him anyway because it would have taken hours to diffuse the bomb. At any rate, this case is far from solved. I wonder if they will ever figure out what really happened.
Erin