A review of the Bewitched movie script

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yesterday filmjerk.com, a site that previews scripts gave their review for the Bewitched movie script.

Being a BIG Bewitched fan, I am hoping that it's just a discarded script that came into their hands because I don't like it one bit :mad: Not to say that I won't be the first in line to see it, because I will.....

Here is the link for you to read.

I want to know what others think of it.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
A remake is one thing, but a movie about them making a remake... AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL Stupid!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
So far most BW (Bewitched) fans can't stand it but Nicole Kidman fans love it :rolleyes:

I sure hope it turns out to be much MUCH better than this!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I don't get it,lol.Why aren't they(from what I read of the script),just remaking Bewitched like the tv show(that's what I thought it was going to be).Instead,as usual,Hollywood remakes a classic(like silly putty) & makes it into something totally off the original project.I love the original Bewitched show.I love Nora Ephron's screenplays(most of the time).<crossing fingers,legs,arms & eyes>I hope that script is just a free-writing test,and not the real thing. :sympathy:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
In the past month or so some people on the Harpies Bizarre message board, a Bewitched related website, got copies of the actual script and it is like what has been reported. But they say it reads better than it sounds. There are many, many references to the original TV series and the characters in the movie make fun of how lame Hollywood is to always make remakes of old TV shows.

Just recently Kristin Chenoweth was cast as nosy neighbor Marie. And Joan Plowright has been offered the role of Aunt Clara which is as perfect casting as having Nicole play Samantha.

They still have the roles of Uncle Arthur and Dr. Bombay to cast.

The story of the script, btw, is:

Isabelle (Nicole Kidman) is a witch who tires of the witch life and moves to Los Angeles against the wishes of her warlock father, Nigel (Michael Caine). In the mean time mortal man Jack Wyatt has just signed on to do a movie remake of the TV series Bewitched on the condition that he can find an unknown actress to play the part of Samantha. While at a bookstore he bumps into Isabelle and thinks she's just perfect for the part. Isabelle falls in love with him. While she is learning the part she watches episodes of Bewitched and finds that Samantha was in the same predicament she was in: trying to adapt to mortal life. Isabelle zaps up the characters of Dr. Bombay, Aunt Clara, and Uncle Arthur so they can help her adjust to this new life.

So far this is all I know, besides Shirley Maclaine playing Iris Smythson, the actress who will play Endora.

It's a different way of doing a BW movie but it just may work...I can't see how all these Oscar winning performers would've signed on to do the movie unless they really saw potential in this script.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is the lamest idea I've ever heard, this is nothing like the TV show. At first I thought it might be a cool idea to do a Bewitched movie, but now that I'm reading the idea, this stinks worse than my rabbit's litter tray not being washed for 4 years. :boo:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
One of my good friends is one of the people who got a copy of the script. Before now she has totally been against this movie, no matter what the story line was. Anytime the subject was brought up it would get her all riled up...not any longer...you can read her review of the script here. You actually have to scroll down and click on the Bewitched movie link.

The webmaster of Harpies Bizarre, the best Bewitched website, has also posted her review of it...there are some spoilers...but it's here.

I do feel better about it considering my friend changed her view, but I'm going to reserve my judgement until after I actually see it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been to Harpies Bizarre alot, in fact I was the one who wrote "Leaving So Soon?".

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Cool! It's nice to know another BW fan who enjoys the Muppets!