A suggestion for the FAQ

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just got an idea for a question for the frequently asked question section while posting in another thread.

Why not have a question about the episode numbers of each henson series?

The question and answer could be like this:

"How many episodes of [Inset name of henson series here] are there?"

It could be answered like this:

"The Muppet Show: 120
Muppets Tonight!: 22
The Jim Henson Hour: 13 (only 10 were broadcast during the shows original run)
Fraggle Rock: 96
the animated Fraggle Rock: 13
Muppet Babies: 108
Sesame Street: still in production
Sam And Friends: unknown.
Little Muppet Monsters: 10 (only 3 aired) [note: some sources have said that 18 episodes were produced and some sources say that only 2 episodes were broadcast]
The Storyteller: 9 (5 aired as part of The Jim Henson Hour)
The Storyteller: Greek Myths: 4
The Ghost of Faffner hall: 13
Mother Goose Stories: 13
Dinosaurs: 65 (58 episodes were broadcast in original run)"

and so on. I don't know how many episodes of Bear In The Big Blue House or Farscape were produced.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
more

I have also thought of some more questions not in the FAQ section.

"Why were certain episodes of The Muppet Show cut on the first season DVD set?"

the answer would be because of music rights for most of the edits, but for the news skits in the Joel grey episode, it's because those were filmed later and were not on the master tape that Disney used.

"What muppet productions does Disney own the distribution rights to?"

This list refers to all productions made before Disney bought the Muppets:

TV series: The Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, Little Muppet Monsters, muppet portions of The Jim Henson Hour (all MuppeTelevision segments, Miss Piggys Hollywood, pre-show segment of Dog City, Muppet scenes from the Secrets of The Muppets, and possibly Innertube), and Muppets Tonight, as well as muppet insertials (Muppet Time and Muppetisms).

Film: The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppet Vision 3D, The Muppet Christmas carol, Muppet treasure island, and all Muppet Meeting Films (as well as limited ownership of all other muppet movies).

Specials: Tales of The Tinkerdee, land of Tinkerdee, The Muppets on Puppets (I think), Hey, Cinderella, The Frog Prince, The Muppet Musicians of bremen, The Muppet Valentine Show, The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence, The Mupepts Go Hollywood, The Muppets Go To The Movies, The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty years, Tale of the Bunny Picnic, A Muppet Family Christmas, The Muppets At walt Disney World, The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, Muppet Classic Theatre, and Mr. Willobys Christmas Tree (I think Disney has some ownership in both of the John Denver And The Muppets specials, which are also owned by John Denvers family, but I am not sure).

I believe that Disney also owns the rights to the variosu made-for-video collections (Play-Along Videos, Muppet Sing-Alongs), but I am not 100% sure.

"Why isn't Disney releasing special edition DVDs of The Muppets Take Manhattan or Muppets From Space along with the other movies?"

Because Sony owns the video rights to those movies. I am not sure if they are still in print, but copies of those movies can still be found in stores, and all of the Muppet movies can easily be found in video stores.

Consider these questions and answers.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to submit questions for consideration in the FAQ, e-mail me and be sure to include complete questions and answers.