A Tale of my Youth and the Grocery Store

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just had to share this.

Last night I went grocery shopping, and stumbled across a display of cereal. And to my amazement, there were toys inside! Yes toys! Not some form to send away to get something, not a dumb little gimmick, but actual toys.

And they were Disney Bobble Heads! I was floored. Not being a cereal eater (I'm still working on my Golden Grahms I bought for the free Henson DVDs), I only bought three boxes, and I will be giving my fruit loops away, but I had to check out these little treasures inside!

There are four sets that I saw: Mickey and Company (Mickey, Donald, Minnie, and Goofy), The Lion King (Simba, Nala, Pumba, and Timon), Toy Story (Woody, Buzz, Jessie, and Bullseye), and Pooh (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore).

I was so excited. I loved digging into a new box of cereal as a kid looking for the toy, and rediscovered that pleasure last night. Tonight I will also rediscover the pleasure of making Rice Krispie Treats!

Free DVDs were cool, but this is the bomb! And for those wondering, I got Mickey, Goofy, and Pooh last night!

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
COOL!!!!! what brand is it? i want some too!!!!
(when were the dvds out? i dont remember seeing them.)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
the quality of stuff in cereal boxes has increased greatly! *hugs her MTM DVD* I paid 2.50 for cereal and got a WHOLE MOVIE!!!!

Sarah

hdofu

Reaction score
Yeah that was an interesting offer those cerrals had

radionate

Reaction score
Sorry guys,

They are all in boxes of Kelloggs cereal. Rice Krispies has the Mickey & Co. bobbleheads.

Fruit Loops has Winnie the Pooh

I don't remember what cereals had Toy Story and Lion King (I know one was Frosted Flakes)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
the toy was probably worth more than the cereal....i guess that's why the DVD's were loaded with ads!

Sarah