A taste of Emmet Otter at Memorial Service

SillyRed

Reaction score
We had a Memorial Service for someone named Mary and guess what song was perfomed? "When the River Meets the Sea"!! :excited: After the service I have been telling everybody about that song being from "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas", And they were amazed at how much I knew that!! Unbelieveable, isn't it?

dbarrie

Reaction score
That is a beautiful song, and a good choice for a memorial service. It's the kind of song I'd like to have played at my memorial service. The Muppet gang re-recorded it with John Denver on their "Christmas Together," and it's available on CD.

Don't you find that "Emmet Otter" is the most famous Muppet special that nobody seems to remember? It's a shame because it's one of the best TV specials ever made. I even have a copy of the original book that was published before it became Muppetized.

OI MuppetFan

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
At my grandad's funeral service earlier this year there was a song by John Denver called Annie's song. It reminded me of it when John Denver was mentioned above. I have the christmas with John Denver album too. Sorry to go a bit off topic.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold sang "When the River Meets the Sea" at Jim Henson's memorial service in May 1990.