A thought about Jerry Juhl

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Do you think they will show Jerry Juhl in the photo montage during the oscars of people (who were involved in the film industry) who have passed away ? It would be a shame if he was not recognized.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
You know; I was wondering that same thing just last week. I certainly don't see why they wouldn't. He's worked with some of the biggest names in Hollywood; they better!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I really hope they do. If they don't I might end up throwing something at the tv. Because he definately deserves to be mentioned.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Tape it in case, but I agree...he deserves to be mentioned. He deserves an Honorable Mention, really, because he did so much to change the world with his writing!!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Not trying to be a humbug, but as a writer myself, I'm just injecting a little dose of reality. Writers are typically left off of those memorials, just like they're rarely mentioned in reviews. The actors and directors get all the attention. Did you know it wasn't until 1981 that a writer got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

It is still entirely possible that he'll be mentioned, but I'll be surprised (and pleased) if he is.

:stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Not trying to be a humbug, but as a writer myself, I'm just injecting a little dose of reality. Writers are typically left off of those memorials, just like they're rarely mentioned in reviews. The actors and directors get all the attention. Did you know it wasn't until 1981 that a writer got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

It is still entirely possible that he'll be mentioned, but I'll be surprised (and pleased) if he is.

He probably will be. Many well known and established writers do get included in the memoriam. He again has done a lot of work in the industry and was the key writer for the Muppet franchise. He will get mentioned. Writers get included as do the famous critics and agents and other production people.

tinweirdo

Reaction score
The man was a legend in muppet history, just like Jim Henson and Frank Oz.
Jerry Juhl's name will be linked to the Muppets for as long as they are in the world.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
As good ol' Ken used to say at Palisades, "Anything is Possible." Everyone here knows he is worthy of it, but I suppose it's up to the Academy to make a decision how they'll run their show.

Maybe we should start writing letters? :wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
As good ol' Ken used to say at Palisades, "Anything is Possible." Everyone here knows he is worthy of it, but I suppose it's up to the Academy to make a decision how they'll run their show.

Maybe we should start writing letters? :wink:
Yes, we definately should. :attitude:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
When you guys mentioned the Academy, it just made me think... I believe he is more likely to be recognized by the TV Academy than the Motion Picture Academy.

This, of course, is a complete guess on my part and I could be proven totally wrong. We shall see.