A Time Of Truth ( A Fraggle Fic )

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Parts of this will be explained as I go along if there's something you don't understand please ask.

Shortly after Traveling Matt returned from outer space for the second and finial time. Gobo decided he wanted to follow in his Uncle's footsteps and also explore outerspace. His Uncle advised strongly for him not to go, but he never said the excat reason why.

Gobo just figured he got a bad scare and was afraide for his safty, but there was more to it than that. Gobo insisted on going rather his Uncle aproved or not. Saying that if his abcent-minded Uncle could servive severial years in a strange and mysterous world Gobo could too.

Gobo was alot younger and wasn't so clumbzy. Seeing that Gobo was now an adult and had learned how to servive with out his Uncle's guidence, not that he ever provided much proper guidence to begin with he just did a lot of telling him what to do and how he should live his life.

Which lead to a lot of argurments, and fallouts. Gobo and Matt love each other and would never want anything bad to happen to the other they just never got along very well. Gobo sences from a very long time ago that prehaps his Uncle had some kind of grudge agunst him but he never could quite out his finger on it.

Godo dosen't remeber his mother,and father at all. It has always been Gobo and his Uncle as far as kin was concered. Gobo did ask when he was as that age of asking questions why he never had parents, and his Uncle would saysomething like.

«* You have parents...someplace. «*

«* Why can't I see them? «*

«* Um beecause you can't. «* He would snap back.

«* That's not a good enough answear. «*

«* Go run along and stop bothering me. «*

Ofcouse he would go not wanting to upset his uncle furthur.
After a while Gobo stoped asking beecause he knew he wasn't going to get a straight answear, and excepted the fact that was somethign he just wasn't going to know about.

This subject went unmeantioned 'till Gobo had children of his own, and they were asking about their grandparents. Gobo didn't know what to tell them. Red told them that both her parents had died along time ago. Gobo just agreed and indacated that's what happened to his parents as well.

When Matt came back from outerspace Gobo again asked him.

«* Matt I know you don't want to talk about this but I need to know the truth this time. «*

«* Truth? What Truth? «* Matt answeared in his normal dreamy way.

«* My parents. Are they alive? «*

Matts face droped and he looked down at the floor feeling kind of ashamed.
«* I guess you need to know don't you? «*

Gobo nodded.

«* One is dead, and the other still lives. «* He answeared.

Gobo choked. «* What happened? «* He asked softly
TBC

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That sounded like it could be off to a nice start. Of course, I always love fraggle fan fiction! The only suggestion I would make is that you might want to proofread it before posting, and fix some spelling erors. Looking forward to reading more!

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Find someone to proof read anything and I would be very happy. :stick_out_tongue:

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Matt was quiet for a minute than he said.
«* Be prepared for a shock. «*
Gobo nodded his head.
«* Gobo...um... I'm.. not your Uncle. «* Than he paused. «* I'm your father. «*
«* What?! «* Gobo asked in disbelief. «*
«* It's true I'm your father Gobo. I did a dishonorable thing,and I was too ashamed to tell anyone the truth. I never married your mother. I didn't even know she was going to have a baby. I was away for more than 6 months and when I returned I had learned the Fraggle I loved has passed away. I kind of blamed you for her death. I'm sorry I should never have done that. «*
«* Guess being mad at you won't solve anything, but I am a little hurt that you took it out on me when I did nothing wrong. «* Gobo said feeling very hurt.
«* I know now I was wrong. «* Matt said.
«* Now that we are on the subject of confessions I may as well tell you another secret. You know your son? He's no ordinary Fragglet. «*
«* Don't I know it. «* Gobo said putting his hand on his head. «* He's been a trial since day one it seems like. «*
«* And neither am I. «* Matt said.
«* Huh? «* Gobo said in confusion giving him a strange look.
«* Has JR ever told you of strange dreams? «*
«* All the time. «* Gobo answered.
«* He says he can see into the future. He tells us he can see something just before it happens. We didn't believe it at first, but I have seen him predict stuff more than once. «*
«* We took him to The Storyteller once, and she said something about him being Ingeigo. Not sure what she meant by it though.*»
«* The children of Ingeigo yes. «* Matt said.
«* They are rare breed of Fraggles who posses psychic powers. «*
«* Some of them are good some bad, and some are in between. «*
«* I too have these powers but my will has been able to keep them at bay. This is why I forget things and appear to be dim witted. Dim witted I am not. If I was not able to spot danger before it happened I would not have been able to survive in outerspace. Of course I wasn't able to detect ALL dangers. I got into a few sticky situations that I wasn't sure I was going to get out of so easily. If it wasn't for your silly creature friend Doc I wouldn't be here right now. I knew about outerspace long before the other tunnel was reopened. Yes it was opened once a long time ago. Long before you were born when I was still a lad. Another silly creature lived there, but he wasn't kind like the one who lived there when I decided to start my quest. He um did things to Fraggles who decided to venture too close to the tunnel. So after a while Fraggles stopped going to that strange part of the rock. «*
«* Ok if you are my father which I have no reason to believe you aren't than why wasn't I born like you? «*
Sometimes it skips a generation. It must have skipped you and you passed it on to your son. But in order for him to be Indego his mother would have had to have been too. «*
«* Red's never said anything of dreams that can tell the future. I think I would have known by now if that was the case. «*
«* Than perhaps per mother. Her Father. Does she know anything about her family? «*
«* Not much. «*
«* Gobo said. «* All I know that they died when she was very young. She hardly remembers them at all. «*
«* How old were you when you and Red met? «*
«* I don't know we were kids. You would know better than me Matt. UM...maybe not. You seemed too wrapped up in your own business to even notice what I was doing. «* Gobo said honestly.
Matts face dropped.
«* Sorry. «* Gobo said.
Matt just shrugged.
«* I'm glad you turned out normal. I don't think I could have copped if you were the other way. I think I would have truly lost my senses. «* Said Matt doing his best not to break down in tears.
Gobo gave him a hug. After a few seconds Matt pulled himself away with his hands still on Gobo's shoulders he looked at him up and down, and smiled.
«* You look almost just like your mother. Except for the colouring you got that from your Uncle Gobo, and his colour hair. Which is good you didn't want to look like me. I was really plain and BOORRING. « They both had a little chuckle. For Gobo has seen pictures of his ' Uncle ' Matt and he was not gifted in the looks department.
«*Are you guys down here? «* Said a small high pitched voice. In came a small red headed Fragglet with bright red, orange, and magenta pigtails. Her skin was a yellowish orange colour, and she was wearing a big thick red sweater that was miles too big for her. She came bouncing into the cave that Wembly's used to share with Gobo 'till Gobo and Red decided to live together.
«* Who are you guys? Us? Or were you looking for the others? «* Gobo asked.
«* I was looking for JR and the rest of the ' guys. ' «*
«* You never make anywise Rebecca. «* Gobo said.
«* Sorry just get too excited. Yeah I'm looking for JR have you seen him? «*
«* Not lately. I thought he was with you. «*
«* I bet he's gone to his cave again. I'm going to go look for him. Wanna come along? «*
«* Sure! «* Gobo said.
«* What about you Matt? «*
«* I think I'll just stay here for a while Gobo if you don't mind. «*
«* Oh ok. Be back in a bit. «*
TBC

Emeowrald

Reaction score
Poor Gobo. Finding out that his uncle is really his father must have been quite a shock.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, what a twist! You know, I am listening to "When Love Is Gone" on the radio, and I am just thinking that the words fit Matt's situation exactly!

zeldazipple

Reaction score
«* You never make any sense Rebecca. «* Gobo said.
«* Sorry just got too excited. Yeah I'm looking for JR have you seen him? «*
«* Not lately. I thought he was with you. «*
«* I bet he's gone to his cave again. I'm going to go look for him. Wanna come along? «*
«* Sure! «* Gobo said.
«* What about you Matt? «*
«* I think I'll just stay here for a while Gobo if you don't mind. «*
«* Oh ok. Be back in a bit. «*
The three of them strolled down the tunnel that lead to where Boober dug his hidey hole. Yeah the very same one that caved in. JR re-dug it over the years and made it his privet cave. Some time ago JR really wanted a place to call his own so no one would bother him, so he ventured out and rediscovered the caved in cave. He figured it couldn't cave in a second time, so he dug out the rocks, and sand and made it his own. He befriended some of the cave creatures that lived around there, and they helped move the larger boulders. He seems to have a gift in communicating with other creatures he could speak their language and understand them even if they didn't use Fraggle words.
Rebecca danced in and yelled.
«* HEY JRRRRRrrrrr!! What's ya up to?! I brought company! «* Inside the cave was dimly lit with a single white pillar candle that stood on a old wooden tabe. He was sitting at cupping something wrapped up in a beige coloured blanket. He lifted his eyes not happy with being disturbed. «* Why did you being HIM for? «*
Rebecca laughed ignoring his unfriendly welcome. «* Hey don't be such a grump! «* JR turned his back still holding the bundle like a babe.
«* Hey you re squashing me let up huh? «* Said a tiny voice.
«* Sorry. «* He whispered to the bundle. Then he turned back and reveled a tiney Doozer.
«* You didn't tell me you had a pet Doozer JR. «* Rebecca said.
«* She not a pet. She my friend. «* He said petting the Doozer like a dog. She wasn't appreciating it one little bit. «* Would you stop doing that you re rubbing my hair off. Put me down!*»
JR put the Doozer down on the table she angrily ruffled off the covering and dusted herself off. «* Thank YOU very much it was a little warm in there. «*
«* Crazy Fraggle. «* She snarked.
«* I'm not crazy YOU are! «* He snapped back.
«* Well at least I don't talk to myself. «*
«* I have a reason for... hey waite a second how did you know. Have you bene spying on me. «*
«* We stay in the same cave I can here everything the way you talk. «*
«* I think you need some time in the drawer for a while. «*
«* Try to catch me..if YOU can. «* And with that she hopped off the table and on to a rock ledge, and disappeared into a hole in the side of the wall.
JR didn't see,to be too concerned where she had gone.
«* I can find her again. «* He said. «* So what do you want? «* «
* We just came to see if you were ok. «* Rebecca said.
«* You been down here all day. «*
«* I'm fine now go away. «* JR said.
«*Did I not mention this was a PRIVET CAVE? «*
«* That you did. «*
«*Than why did you being my father of all Fraggles? «*
«* If you want privacy I'll give it to you just don't disappear. «* Gobo said. «* You made us worried. «*
«* I want to be alone. «* JR said.
«* You been alone to much lately. You're really starting to act weird. What do you have against me anyway? «* Gobo asked feeling hurt.
«* Nothing. I just want to be alone. Why cant you just leave me? «*
«*You're comming out of this cave for some fresh air rather you want it or not. «*Gobo said as he promptly picked him up.
JR was almost too heavy for Gobo to lift, and he was making a fuss. «*Put me down I can walk myself. «* Gobo put him down and he reluctantly went along with them.
They met up with the others in the great hall, they were all playing can't touch floor. Everyone was sitting up on rock ledges, chairs whatever they could stand on to avoid touching the floor. Boober was doing his normal complaining he really didn't want to play but everyone talked him into it.
TBC