A Very Muppet Christmas/Credits

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I had videotaped A Very Muppet Christmas last year,while it aired for the very first time.While rewatching it again this week,I noticed that Frank Oz was missing from the credits.Did he not take part in this special?Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy did sound like Frank Oz.Does anyone know for sure? :confused:

jediX

Reaction score
Eric Jacobson plays Fozzie & Piggy now whenever Frank cannot supply the voices. Although Frank did their voices for Muppets From Space, they were performed by other people most of the time and his voice was dubbed over the track. He (Jacobson) also plays Animal now, I believe, which I might add is a HORRIBLE revoice. But that's just my opinion.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
jediX said:
He (Jacobson) also plays Animal now, I believe, which I might add is a HORRIBLE revoice. But that's just my opinion.
I think I can recall some posts either here or on TP saying that Animal has not been officially passed on to Eric yet. And there were some talk about that it was Bill that did Animal on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there are two categories here: characters that have been permanently replaced and those that were done by a different performer for a particular scene, kind of a one shot deal. Henson is very adament about this distinction. Our FAQ includes two different categories.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/muppets.shtml#7