A very strange phone call.......

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
I just got a call from Paypal.com. They asked me about my payment I sent in to Palisades, and if I got the merchandise. I explained to them the problem about the wrong address, and that they were shipping the stuff out soon, nonetheless, I thought it was odd that PayPal called about it.

Has anyone received any phone calls like this? Anyone know anything about whats going on?

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
I think that this is a standard service of PayPal. I have been using PayPal for over a year now and I get a call from them about once a month. They ask me to verify the last few transactions on my account to ensure that nobody has making unauthorized withdrawls. I was kind of flattered the first time they called :smile:

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Ah ok, I was kind of freaked out, since I had all those troubles with Palisades, and that was who they asked about; I've sent over 4 grand in the past 6 or 7 months with PayPal, and it was the first time they called.......

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Well I think it is weird. I have been using PayPal for years, and I have never been called.

*feels left out of something*

incredeeble!

Reaction score
yeah I've probably made a couple thousand dollars in transactions for as long as I've had it and had no such phone call.

really nice though. Makes it feel like it's more than just a website that makes it easy to spend your money.

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
Hmmm... maybe they just call members at random. I have spent a buttload of cash through PayPal and even have a debit card for my account. I'm not sure what the criteria is for getting follow up calls from PayPal.

Luke

Reaction score
Usually if someone has complained that they haven't recieved merchandise or can get no contact reply from the recipient of the payment, and it is a fairly new account thats been created they might call some other people who have also dealt with the company to confirm they are indeed genuine and everything is ok.

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
hmmm, that's odd. we haven't gotten any emails from paypal or even anybody really complaining. here's my theory. the club@palisadestoys.com is a new account with paypal and it has gotten a substantial amount of transactions in the 3 or 4 weeks since it has been opened. fraud being what it is today, they probably got a red flag from all of the sudden activity. might also be a red flag that none of the transactions are tied to ebay sales, which is the majority of paypal transactions, i would imagine.

no idea if this is accurate, just my guess...

MH

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
That makes sense........

Since EPay, er, EBay owns them now, theyve probably been looking at all those transactions and thinking "Why are these people getting so much money, and we aren't getting any auction or listing fees? Better call their customers and see if we can dig up any dirt". Ok, a little overboard, but I was being sarcastic :wink:

The woman who called did seem kind of anxious to get bad news from me. She asked if I got my products, and I said no, because there was a mixup with my address, but it just shipped, or is shipping soon. And she says "Are you sure? Do you have a tracking ID or anything?", I told her that I have food faith in Palisades, and she says "Ok, we may call later to see if you received the package".

Im not even going to edit that typo "food faith"? **** well I meant GOOD faith, but I just have to leave it........

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
Wow! That DOES sound like someone fishing for dirt. Hope your package gets to you quickly so you can burst her bad news bubble!

MH