A wish...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Are the Muppets still at Disney World? I know there's a Sesame park somewhere. Here's my idea. It's so perfect it'd be a sin not to do it... :flirt:

You know those Islands of Adventures like Universal has? This would be my dream park...

Begin in a parking lot. Spaced evenly throughout the lot would be stations where you could get on Doozer-style trams to take you to the entrance, which would look like the gate opening to the Labyrinth ("You gets in ... dere..."). Labyrinth would be the primary theme to the park. Before entering the park you would find some bathrooms, ticket stands (built into the gateway), the Hoggle pond, some Goblins to provide maps (nonono ... Gobo and Matt should provide maps, in retrospect), an animatronic or live player Jareth warning of the dangers of the Labyrinth (he's got his own problems ... possibly tying into the manga ... and he doesn't need you messing up his plans). Once through the gate, you're faced with a choice of Left or Right. Left would lead (eventually) to a tunnel, which would lead to a more "child-friendly" sub-park of Fraggle Rock, complete with some blocked-off replicas of the Main Fraggles' rooms, a playground in the Great Hall (also, with some "safe" replicas of some Fraggle sports), a stage for music, Boober's Cafe, and a simulator ride into the Gorg's garden and the swamp (the appearance of Wander would necessitate fleeing back to the Rock). A couple of tunnels would lead you into the Forest of the Labyrinth or Jareth's castle, should you not want to go back to the beginning. But, should you decide to do so, go Right from the Entrance...

An abbreviated linear labyrinth (the kind that don't really have branches) would hurriedly skip to the hedge maze. Some various artifacts could be seen strewn around certain areas, like Hoggle's jewels hanging out of reach on a wall, Jen's flute thing, posters telling you to look out for Skeksis, etc. You would also see rotating floor tiles that "someone" had marked on. There would be two exits to the Forest: The guard-door puzzle and the knocker "puzzle". Jareth and other characters would continue the plot, giving away puzzle hints too. At any rate, the only way to open the left doors at all would be to claim that the Labyrinth is a piece of cake, it would open, but before long monsters would be after you and you'd end up in the oubliette, but you would quickly end up back where you were before you "screwed up" ... since the Cleaners are on your tail! Choose the right doors, and enter the Forest ... where the Fireys are staging a concert and there's a hot barbeque joint (!) to eat in. Nice shade to relax in, too, since the Fireys admit that they'd try to take your heads off, but they can't afford the liability insurance. A partially-hidden wall would include the Gelfling prophecy that Jen and Kira found. Finally, a quick jaunt through the Bog of Eternal Stench (which some enterprising goblins are trying to de-stench ... but cover your mouths just in case!) and end up passing through the Junkyard (which could include a broken version of Aughra's planetarium) to Goblin City. This would be the primary dining, gift-shop, and character location. "Battles" and parades would occur as well through the streets. After a "battle" has been won, bubbles appear and Jareth's voice can be heard announcing that since you didn't stop him from being victorious, he will invite everyone to participate in festivities in the castle. For most of the time, you'd come upon the Throne Room (and maybe some rooms seen in the manga), through a winding hallway (where through windows you can see the Stair Room where Jareth is singing to Sarah), and an elevated tram with owl-shaped cars would take you back toward the beginning of the labyrinth so you can go home. However, at night, the Throne Room would revolve to reveal the Ballroom, where ballroom dancing or nightclubbing could occur. What would REALLY be nice would be to have occasional Bowie concerts there as a special treat.

What do you think?

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
i havent seen the labyrinth in forever but i do know that i liked it.....i just need a little nudge in helping me to remember the film....anyways i would deffinately pay to get into that park...and i would deffinately turn right. i love fraggle rock but i dont have any kids yet for them to experience the fraggles...anywho keep me posted on your ideas about this park and what new ideas and dreams you come up with

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, Fraggle Rock wouldn't be JUST for kids ... it's just that there wouldn't be as much dark/adult humor as there would be on the Labyrinth side.

Labyrinth is a movie about a spoiled teen (Sarah) who has to delve into the Labyrinth and its messed-up cast to get her baby step-brother Toby, whom she wished away when he cried too much. Jareth, the Goblin King, tempted and otherwise messed with her until she "grew up" and accepted responsibility. He fell in love with her. Post movie, Jareth is now having problems with Mizumi, an old G/F who's more than a little bitter that Jareth fell in love with a mere human girl instead of a powerful water elemental queen.

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
ok now i remember a little more and now i want the dvd even more do you know by anychance where i can find it? i have looked around here and i cannot find it