A wonderful Spring Break

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Words alone can not even come close to what a wonderful spring break that I have just had. The choir from the college had a choir tour starting in Baltimore and ending at Carnigie Hall in NY. We had two concerts in Baltimore,one in MD,3 in PA, 1 in PoughKeepsie NY, and 4 practices before Carnigie..talk about having a frog in your throat by performance. Thankfully the concert was fairly decent with my group of 42 of the college choir with 324 high school students...hehe very interesting especially doing two latin pieces. Anyways you would think that Carnigie was the highlight but you would be terribly mistaken. While I was there in NY I got to see the broadway show of the Lion King...I was speechless coming out of the theater. Everything was amazing from the dancers/singers/puppeteers...I loved the entire show..even though I could quote most of it from memory from the original movie.That was on Sat..and then on Sunday I went to church and then my uncle who lives in NY took me to the Jim Henson townhouse...I was a tad bit upset that it was closed on the weekends..and I wished that someone was there so I could see for myself what it looked inside, but then again just being there on the steps for more than ten minutes was amazing. To know that Jim Henson had walked up these steps and many other performers that I greatly admire had been in the building...and that Steve had pushed the button at my age to have an audition...I did it too..I know may seem silly, but it touched my heart so much...I will never forget that experiance hopefully oneday I can meet some of my puppeteer heros face to face. Funny enough it seems that another one of my relatives knows another performer but he works with star wars...it's just ironic that now I have three connections and have yet to meet someone personally..anyways just had the best week and just had to share it with all of you. Even though I have yet to meet anyone here personally I already feel connected because we share a love of what Jim Henson started so long ago.

-Sandee :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I did was buy Sesame Street Pez Dispensers and see Big Fish at a second run theater.... glad you had fun, though...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
"Big Fish" has already left our second-run theater... :frown: I think my former college may be playing it soon, though. Maybe I can catch it then.
Erin

dmx10101

Reaction score
My Spring Break has been busy but boring- eat, sleep, work...

Fozzie

Reaction score
I have been sick since Tuesday. Although I did play paintball for the first time. I am glad to see you enjoyed your spring break though.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
you have no idea! Wish I could go back and see the things that I missed and to visit the townhouse during the week..maybe oneday if not there..I might just have to take a trip to California. :smile: