A Year Away From The Power of the Dark Crystal?

JMPrater

Reaction score
Are we less then a year away from this new sequel? Should the promotional be starting up soon? Are they even in production yet? Any news of late?

JMP

ryan19

Reaction score
I really dislike saying this,but i feel that it aint happening,not just yet i feel....it be soo awsome having a good original sequal.Its never good when ppl stay silent isit:stick_out_tongue:

Rgds,ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The last word on it is that Henson was going ahead with it even without a confirmed theatrical distribution deal (just yet). That gave fans fears of a straight-to-DVD treatment that just wouldn't do. It appears that's not what Henson wants either. Hey, if they could get a theatrical deal for Mirrormask the Dark Crystal sequel should eventually find one too. :scary:

This is getting made. Make no mistake. It's just the caliber of the project that concerns many people. I just don't want this to turn into some Sci-Fi Channel original picture. That’s what the fear really is. :smirk:

The Henson Company has never been good about communication concerning ongoing projects. From any other company it might mean something, but it probably isn't of significance here either way. :coy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This really excites me! It's probably them most amazing piece of Henson news this whole year to me.:excited:

JMPrater

Reaction score
Now, we're DEFINITELY less then a year away from the premiere of the film!

When do people expect to see the promotion for The Power of the Dark Crystal begin? Is there any way to find the status of the film? Have they been in production? Is production finished? Are they in post production?

Surely there has to be SOME ONE who is working on this film or close to it that can send us a spy report?

JMP

Laszlo

Reaction score
So the movie isn't cancelled yet?

JMPrater

Reaction score
I dunno Laszlo, your guess is as good as mine. Even Wikipedia has the film as canceled. Who knows.