A young romance

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 1

"Frog chorus on stage please! Frog chorus on stage!" The young gopher checked the checkboard and adjusted his glasses. It was another night at the Muppet theater. As the frogs hopped on stage, Scooter tapped Kermit's shoulder.
"Yes Scooter, what is it?" Kermit asked. He was stressed out as usual, and Scooter wasn't helping.
"Well chief, I guess you could say that chorus is the first chorus that performs with a "frog" in their throat." Scooter chuckled, and Kermit frowned.
"Cute. Cute joke." Kermit said sarcasticly.
"Oh come on chief, lighten up." Scooter said playfully.
"Scooter, I can't lighten up due to the acts running five minutes late. Which means, that I will have to cut some numbers."
"Like what?"
"Well, for starters, the dust rag dancers, Sam the Eagle's comedy act, Pepe's comedy act,.....sheesh. And Annie Sue pig's song."
"Even Annie Sue boss? But she's really good."
"I know, but we're strapped for time. Could you do me a favor?"
"Sure boss."
"Go up to Annie Sue's dressing room and tell her she won't be performing tonight."
Scooter was hesitant, but nodded sadly.
"Sure boss."

He walked up to her dressing room, and before he knocked, he heard happy humming and gentle singing. He knocked on the door.
"Coming..." She said in a sing-song voice. She answered the door.
"Hi Annie Sue."
"Hi Scooter! What can I do you for?"
"Well, I have bad news...."
"Oh?"
"Yeah, um.....you won't be performing tonight."
She gasped, and started to stammer.
"But...bu...why?"
"We're strapped for time, and your song was chosen to be cut."
Annie began to sniffle.
"Oh. I understand, it's for the good of the show."
"I'm sorry...."
"Don't be Scooter. But I was really looking forward to singing tonight. My parents are sitting in the audience tonight."
Scooter tugged at his shirt collar. He felt really bad for her, due to his parents never coming to see him perform. He then made a decision.

"I will talk to Kermit, and convince him for you to sing your song tonight."
She looked up.
"Really?! You will do that?"
"Sure. My uncle owns the theater."
"Oh Scooter!"
She wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace.
"Oof!....er...you're welcome Annie."
She released him, and he adjusted his Muppet Show jacket.
"Thank you so much Scooter."
"No problem. Don't worry, you'll sing tonight. I promise."
He walked down the stairs, and she watched him go.
"He's cute, in a geeky sort of way."
She smiled and sighed, and closed the door.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh! Oh, I'm excited about this story, just like that. <Giggles> "A Young Romance," hm? Oh, I look forward to seeing where this goes, yes I do yes I do! MORE PLEASE!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Indeed, indeed! It's gotten off to a charming start.

Scooter's quite popular with the girls in these stories we do. Bet some of the other Muppets are getting jealous...

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 2

The audience was applauding after Annie Sue finished her song. She skipped off stage, happy as a bird.
"Well done Annie Sue." Kermit said after running on stage to announce the next number.
"Thank you sir!" She yelled off to him. She walked up to Scooter who was writing on his clipboard, and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Scooter?"
"Oh! Yes Annie Sue?"
"I just want to thank you again for helping me perform tonight. My parents looked really proud."
"Oh, you're welcome Annie Sue. I'm just glad to help. I...."
Before he could say anymore, she gave him a passionate kiss on the cheek and walked up back to her dressing room.
He rubbed the spot where she kissed him, and scratched his head in wonder. Behind him, Kermit had a huge smirk on his face.
"Well well well. It must be springtime."
"Springtime chief?"
"Yep. Love is in the air. Looks like you have a bad case of it."
"Oh come on chief! We're just friends, and nothing more. And besides, I'm much too busy with the show to be worried about romantic junk."
Kermit shook his head playfully.
"Poor Scooter. So young, so naive."
Scooter frowned a little bit in Kermit's direction, and looked at the clipboard again.

The following night, it was the Muppet Show's after-show party, and it was a big dance. The Electic Mayhem were the DJ's, much to Sam the eagle's dismay. Scooter was standing in the corner, sipping on some punch. Just then, someone tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hey Scooter, would you dance with me?" It was Annie Sue, and Scooter's heart skipped a beat, yet he didn't know why.
"Uh....OK..." Was his reply.
So she took his hand, and they danced to "You can't take no for an answer."
Scooter, actually had a good time with Annie Sue. But as they were dancing, they danced by Kermit and Piggy, and Kermit gave Scooter a "I told you so" look. Scooter replied with a big frown.

A little later, Scooter and Annie Sue were standing outside of the theater, looking at the stars.
"I had a wonderful time tonight Scoots." Annie Sue said with a smile.
Scooter smiled back.
"I had a good time too Annie." He said.
They didn't say anything for awhile, until Annie Sue spoke up.
"Would you like to go on a date with me?" She asked.
Scooter gulped. This was a first time that a girl asked him if he wanted to go on a date. Let alone, a girl pig.
"Gosh, I......I have alot of work to do around the theater, and I....."
Before he could say anything else, she took his head gently in her hands, and kissed him. This made his glasses fog up.
"Wow! This is awesome!" Scooter thought.
She released the kiss, and Scooter made up his mind.
"Sure....I will go out with you...." He said in a daze.
"Oh goodie!" She said excitedly.
They sat down on the stairs, leading to the backdoor of the theater, and looked up at the stars once again. She rested her head on his shoulder, so he put his arm around her.

Smiles

Reaction score
Oh yay! This is sooo cute! Scooter is getting to be the star of a lot theses stories lately! *hehe* MORE PLEASE!

Leyla

Reaction score
Aww... too cute for words! And it's nice to see a story with Annie Sue. Keep writing!

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 3

As the weeks went by, Annie and Scooter got closer and closer. Scooter was slacking of his duties a little bit, but not to the point of chaos, even though chaos was all the norm for the Muppet Theater. Kermit even offered them a spot on the show for a song and dance number. It was a Sesame Street favorite entitled, "The Opposite Song."
"And now ladies and gentlemen, our very own Scooter and Annie Sue will be singing a classic." Kermit moved offstage and the curtain opened. Scooter and Annie danced onstage as the music played.
"I go up,
you go down.
I go in a straight line.
You go round and round.
I go over and under, you go through.
Tell me why you always do the opposite of what I do."

Annie sang the next verse.

"I go left,
you go right.
I travel in the daytime,
you prefer the night.
Wherever I go away from, you go to.
Tell me why you always do the opposite of what I do."

Scooter: "Well, when I come in honey, you go out."
Annie: "You're sure of yourself and I am full of doubt."
Scooter: "When I want more, you give me less."
Annie: "And when I say no, you say yes yes yes!"
Scooter: "Yes yes, honey."
Annie: "You hang loose, and I'm uptight."
Scooter: "You know I'm heavy baby, and you are light.
Scooter and Annie: "When you stay false, how can I stay true? Tell me why you always do the opposite of what I do!"

The music ended and the audience applauded heavily. Scooter and Annie bowed, while holding hands.
The two entered the backstage with Kermit nodding approvingly.
"Well done guys! Nice number."
"Thanks chief!" Scooter said thankfully.
"You know, you guys look great together. I should have you guys sing more often."
"I don't think so!" Said a voice coming from the dressing rooms. It was Miss Piggy, and she wasn't looking very happy.
"How can you two be an item? A gofer and a pig? Seriously. It is against the natural way of things!"
"Uh, Piggy...." Kermit said, interjecting.
"Don't inturrupt me frog!"
"Piggy, you're a pig, and I'm a frog...."
"So?"
"Aren't you being a bit hypocritical?"
"But Kermie, what we have is something magical. What these two runts have won't last. Believe me." She tossed her hair back and walked onto the stage.
Scooter listened to every word that Piggy said, and was starting to question himself.
"Scoots, are you OK?"
"....hmm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. I just need to think about something."
He walked out the door marked exit, leaving Kermit and Annie puzzled.
"You don't think he would take what Piggy said seriously. Would he?" Annie asked.
Kermit shook his head.
"No, he's a smart kid."

Scooter looked up to the stars. The words of Piggy kept running through his head.
"It won't last.......it won't last......it won't last......"
"Aw beans." He muttered to himself.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh! Scooter! Oh, I wanna hug him... Aw, why did Piggy have to go and say those things... the poor go-fer! Oh, something tells me this is gonna put a damper on his relationship with Annie Sue... Ohhhh...

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!