ABC Muppets in Oz Press Realease

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Toto does not need to be a dog. Although the book (and movie) have Toto as a dog, the character has been other species. In the 1902 stage production, Toto was replaced by Dorothy's pet cow Imogene, probably because it was easier to fit an actor inside a cow costume than a little black dog costume. But this animal change was approved by the original author of the book. So Dorthy having a pet prawn, rather than a dog, would work just as well.
I agree. No reason for Pepe to wear a dog costume. It's actually funnier if Dorothy has a pet shrimp -- excuse me, prawn. :rolleyes:

Movies205

Reaction score
Pepe should not dress up as a dog but he should ***** from time to time for being treated like one. I wonder if the flying monkies will end up being flying rats with rizzo and the gang :smile:

Randlev

Reaction score
Yes, everybody's probably right, a pet shrimp....er...king prawn will probably be funnier anyway. Although i still think a "woof woof, I am Toto...okay" line would be fantastic.

Oh, I think the muchkins are allready played by the Rats, but Sal will definitely make an awesome leader of the flying monkeys, if that's the direction they go in. Sal and Piggy could definitely have some hilarious interaction.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Sal would make a great flying monkey his banter with Piggy would be great, I also think Animal would be funny too. Maybe both.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can't stand Pepe, which is why I wish I could have soime hope that he won't be in EVERY scene of this movie. Too bad, he probably will...

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I can't stand Pepe, which is why I wish I could have soime hope that he won't be in EVERY scene of this movie. Too bad, he probably will...
How can you not like Pepe....everything he says is hilarious! :rolleyes:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I can stand him to a certain extent, but I think one of the reasons that I'm down on him is that he is for the most part a "one-trick pony" who says basically the same thing all the time. I think characters like Rowlf, Scooter, and other less used Muppets are much more multi-dimensional and I would prefer to see them used over Pepe. :smile: No offense but Pepe is kind of like the Elmo of the TMS Muppets.

Movies205

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I can stand him to a certain extent, but I think one of the reasons that I'm down on him is that he is for the most part a "one-trick pony" who says basically the same thing all the time. I think characters like Rowlf, Scooter, and other less used Muppets are much more multi-dimensional and I would prefer to see them used over Pepe. :smile: No offense but Pepe is kind of like the Elmo of the TMS Muppets.
To sum it up in a nutshell, Pepe is best taken in small doses :attitude: