Abelardo and Paco from Plaza Sesamo

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I'd step in for a moment. Got my VCR hooked up for the tapes I'm getting for the list, but as soon as I can ask my brother I'll switch it to the DVD/VCD machine and check my copy of the SS 20th Anniversary special for that segment.

MuppetMonkey, how's things? Since you speak from knowledge of the show, would you be able to help fill in some gaps regarding the cast of Plaza Sésamo for the list? LMK here and I hope you have a good fin de semana amigo.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
That reminds me; could you please let me know the PS character list I gave you? Since you wanted to make the list as full as possible there were a few characters I'd like to add. (Over at the SS characters thread or the ML 15.0 thread.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Uh, Humans only, Muppets only, or the whole PS list?

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thought I'd step in for a moment. Got my VCR hooked up for the tapes I'm getting for the list, but as soon as I can ask my brother I'll switch it to the DVD/VCD machine and check my copy of the SS 20th Anniversary special for that segment.

MuppetMonkey, how's things? Since you speak from knowledge of the show, would you be able to help fill in some gaps regarding the cast of Plaza Sésamo for the list? LMK here and I hope you have a good fin de semana amigo.
¿Todo bien, mi hermano?

Where do you guys have that list? I'm not that "Plaza Sésamo" literate but I'll be glad to help.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dios mio! Where you been at MuppetMonkey? No, don't answer that, I can understand you've been busy with other projects.
The list, in its current form can be found in the Classic Muppets section of the forum, under the thread titled "Muppet Listings 15.0".
What I need help is with some human cast members of PS that I'm not sure whether they did appear or not, and if so, who portrayed them or what their character names were. That sort of stuff. If you can help, perfect; if not, then that's hokay too.
Que descanses.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
The Count said:
Dios mio! Where you been at MuppetMonkey? No, don't answer that, I can understand you've been busy with other projects.
The list, in its current form can be found in the Classic Muppets section of the forum, under the thread titled "Muppet Listings 15.0".
What I need help is with some human cast members of PS that I'm not sure whether they did appear or not, and if so, who portrayed them or what their character names were. That sort of stuff. If you can help, perfect; if not, then that's hokay too.
Que descanses.
MUCHACHO! I've been busy as ever. I was about to send you a note in case you were planing to go to SS Live at Bayamón but I'm late for that already. It was a nice little show.
I'll check the list and see what I can do.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can believe it. Didn't go that one, nor the showing in Ponce. My cousin took her sons to the one in Bayamón. Thought I'd might go and then render a review, sort of my duty to MC... But it was going to be in Spanish, and I'd like to go to one in English instead.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Hey, Count;

I've been checking around and there seems to be no trace of information of the 1972 actors. I used to have a webpage in my old computer which listed every single voice and actor that appeared on Plaza Sésamo since the very begining. I'll try to browse for it to see if I can find it again.
Also, I used to work at Telemundo and I know that the old 1972 episodes are still around there somewhere in their archives. If I can get my paws on them I'll let everyone know.
For now, I can tell you that Jorge Arvizu was the actor who played "Toño", the latin equivalent of Mr. Hooper. He played the original spanish Fred Flintstone voice for many years.
Also Rita Rey was the street's "woman" who at the same time played the spanish voice for Wilma Flintstone.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
MUPPETMONKEY said:
Also, I used to work at Telemundo and I know that the old 1972 episodes are still around there somewhere in their archives. If I can get my paws on them I'll let everyone know.
GASP! Let me know, too!! :excited:

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
GASP! Let me know, too!! :excited:
I sure will. I'm absolutely sure that they are inside a vault they call "Siberia" (because it's far-hidden and cold). I saw the tapes once along some old Menudo and Odisea Burbujas episodes.
I don't work there anymore so it'll take time to figure out a way to do so but I'll work on it.:wink: