About British television

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
First off, I am a huge fan of British TV. I mostly watch BBC America, and have a lot of British series on DVD. Can anyone tell me why the British TV seasons are usually only about 6 episodes, where American television seasons are much longer? Just curious.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some Canadian shows have that many episodes per season as well.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the info. I enjoyed HEX. I thought it was kind of a mixture of Buffy and Charmed, but more for an adult audience. I am really enjoying Life on Mars so far. I think the premise is great, and the dialogue is very well written. Now, if they would only air some classic Doctor Who. And I hope they do a new series of League of Gentlemen some day.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Coupling , French and Saunders , Ab Fab, My Hero, Father Ted, Are you being served,

messyplace

Reaction score
one of the main reasons they have less episodes is the fact that American shows usually have a writing "team" of about 20 people.....

Whereas the British shows are usually one or two people...often just one. So its harder to come up with 20+ episodes from one mind.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I forgot about Mr Bean, and that show where the old guy chassed women and music played my mind went blank

messyplace

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
I forgot about Mr Bean, and that show where the old guy chassed women and music played my mind went blank
probably mean Benny Hill.

messyplace

Reaction score
The Office is the best thing to come out of England in years.