Academy Awards

Cantus' Ghost

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
MICHEAL MOORE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomahawk, I'm with you. I don't blame Michael Moore for using his celebrity to influence people. The only reason people are making such a huge deal about this is because our country has been brainwashed to equate dissent with treason. People look at CNN or Fox News & feel that if they are against the war, they wish harm to our troops. And that's just plain idiotic. Blind obedience and infantile subserviance is a far cry from patriotism.

That is all.

Cantus' Ghost

Reaction score
Originally posted by sidcrowe
Janice & Mokey's Man:

I find the US-led military action in Iraq to be pretty darn rude. So does Moore, and not everybody in the Oscar audience booed. Like Moore said, the Pope is against it, too.
The Pope's not the only person against the war. Nobel Prize winners Nelson Mandela, William Blum, Jimmy Carter & Desmond Tutu, among others are against the war. A couple of Pulitzer Prize winners like Alice Walker, Noam Chosky & Daniel Ellsburg are also opposed.

But I guess a couple of Nobel & Pulitzer Prize winners can't compete with the savage intelligence of Bill O'Rielly, Howard Stern & Toby Keith.

Ecch!

tomahawk

Reaction score
Cantus' ghost, thank you. please help, the war forum has been taken over by a bunch of rush limbaugh freaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just because someone doesn't agree with you does not make him or her a freak or a Limbaugh fan. Please refrain from using name-calling. Opinions are welcome as long as they are not meant to antagonize others. And please, lets keep all war comments in the war thread. I know the last few comments had something to do with the ceremonies, but in light of the recent fireworks, it’s best to keep the debate from other threads. Thanks.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Just because someone doesn't agree with you does not make him or her a freak or a Limbaugh fan. Please refrain from using name-calling. Opinions are welcome as long as they are not meant to antagonize others. And please, lets keep all war comments in the war thread. I know the last few comments had something to do with the ceremonies, but in light of the recent fireworks, it’s best to keep the debate from other threads. Thanks.
Well, I figured since other people in the other forum were using sarcasm, I could too. Sorry for stepping out of my bounds.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sarcasm is fine, but name-calling isn't. The term freak being thrown around in a heated debate is not a good idea in any context. We are working to remedy this issue with others on different sides of the issue, so it isn't just you. It's best to respectfully state your views without belittling other people for theirs. Because the issue is so heated and that this is a Muppet forum, I must ask that all war talk be confined to the war thread. Thanks. :embarrassed: