According to Henson, "A Christmas Together" DVD will NOT be released

DenverFan

Reaction score
Today while looking around on the web, I saw a lot of speculation on this site and others that " John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together" is to be released this fall on VHS and DVD. However, when i looked on sites such as Amazon to pre order it, there was no indication of it being for sale. So I e mailed the Henson Company and recieved this reply:

Dear Chris,

We certainly did not put out that information. John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together is not available in any format at this time.This John Denver Special is connected to the John Denver Estate. The Jim Henson Company has no control over its re-release. Should this change, the announcement will appear first on www.henson.com

Regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

So it looks like we will have to wait longer for this to be released, unless the Denver estate is releasing it, but it seems as though Henson Co. would know if they were.

Sorry my first post is bad news.
Chris

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Welcome to Muppet Central. There was some fan speculation that this was coming out a few months ago. I mentioned in August that it wasn't on Columbia's release list at all. Hopefully it is something that we will see in the future.

The CD continues to sell at Christmas time so the possibility still exists that the special will be released some day. Who would've thought Rocky Mountain Holiday would see the light of day again? Anything is possible...

suggsy

Reaction score
Odd that the Denver estate owns 'Christmas Together' but not 'Rocky Mountain Holiday'. Any reason for that?

Whatever

Reaction score
My dad got me the CD for Christmas a few years ago and I was THRILLED. It's like the best thing he ever got me, usually he gets me ugly sweaters.

Mklonstage

Reaction score
Whatever said:
My dad got me the CD for Christmas a few years ago and I was THRILLED. It's like the best thing he ever got me, usually he gets me ugly sweaters.

AS i am only 20 i have listened to the recordings of this as long as i can remember. I grew up listening to John Denver (i myself am a fan now) and have always been a fan of the muppets. My christmas would not be complete without listening to either the record (which my parents still own) or my cd copy

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
DenverFan said:
Should this change, the announcement will appear first on www.henson.com
OK, I don't buy THIS part. Like the people running THAT web site would ever announce the release of a new video or DVD or even significantly update it at all.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
This is so disappointing! :frown: For some reason I was under the impression that this was a done deal. We just watched "Rocky Mountain Holiday" the other night, and I was really looking forward to picking up "A Christmas Together" soon. Well, maybe next year...

DenverFan

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty bummed too. I have a recorded copy of it, however the quality is VERY poor. Hopefully in the near future they will release it and I will be able to actually SEE most of the show LOL.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I havn't seen it, but I do have quite a few of the songs on MP3. I particually love 12 Days of Christmas and We Wish You a Merry Christmas.

These songs first introduced my to John Denver, and I think they are, ultimatly cool.