Action Figures

Lips

Reaction score
Some of the characters I mention have already been asked for.

I just wanted to know if any of these Muppets will be made as Action Figures in the Future. Here is a list,

Thog, Doglion Beast, Featherbird (the Big Multty Colored Bird from the Leo Sayer Episode), Lips, The Hugga Wagga Creatures (from the Phillis Diller Episode), Uncle Deadly with the organ as a playset (from the Vincent Price Episode he's the coolest), The Muppet Ghosts, The Boss Men (both the red one and the green one), The Jaberwock and other charactors (from The Alice in Wonder Episode with Brook Sheilds), Bobby Benson and His All Baby Band, Marvin Sugs and his Muppaphone, Both of the Jug Bands, Merdlidops (from the Dom Dlouese Episode), The Alice Cooper Band (from the Alice Cooper Episode), Mulch, The Flying Zuchinni Brothers, The Band Blondie (from the Debbie Harry Episode when she sings "Call Me"), The Aligators, Bean Bunny, Beaurgard, Big Mama, The Muppet Birds, The Frackles, The Dancing Slinkies (from the sketch "Java" on the Ethel Merman Episode), The Devils, Gaffer (the backstage cat), Gorge The Janitor, Geri and the Attrics, The Giant Ray with Animal in his Scooba Gear (from the James Coco Episode when the Muppets sang "Octopuses Garden"), The Gills Brothers, Fozzies Mom, The Idol with Janice and the Pigs as a Playset (from the Linda Carter Episode when Janice gets Sacrificed), Lewis Kazagger, Manamana and the two Snowths, Miss Mousey, Clifford, The Mutations (Large Purple Skinny Monsters), The Newsman, Nigel (the conductor), The Penguins, Pops The Doorman, The Prairiedog Glee Club as a playset, The Ragmops, Sweetums, Robin Kermits Nepew, Timmy Monster, and The Whales.

I also wanted to know if their are going to be repaints and exclusives of these muppets and if their were going to be more super heros like scooter.

Thanks, hope to here from you.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Lips-

The question you ask cannot be answered as of now. Many of these, such as the Blondie Band from the Debbie Harry episode, are highly, highly unlikely.

Lips and Clifford are on Ken's 'Extreme Wish List', as is Pepe. Uncle Deadly is also a good possibility for a fan fave. I don't know if he'd have to be in a playset to include the pipe organ- they could just make one with a cheated scale, sized for Uncle Deadly's playing of it rather than Vincent Price's.

Sweetums and Robin are currently set to come with the deluxe stage playset alongside Series 6.

Thog isn't off the list, but if he were to be done he'd have to be done with a playset most likely.

The Hugga Wugga aliens could very well be part of the Koozebane playset in Series 6, though they may be built into the playset itself. I believe the Merdlidops are going to be built into the Koozebane set. Ken had mentioned that he wanted aliens that would pop out of craters at the push of a button (so obviously what better aliens than these) but that was a while ago so you may have to ask him again.

The Newsman and Beauregard were originally slated to come in Series 5, but this will most likely be changed. Pops and Gaffer are fairly likely. They will probably come together in a later series or perhaps with a backstage playset.

Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones are a likelihood but it is unknown where they'll come in if they do.

George the Janitor is a possibility but not a very strong one. He's the strongest possibility of the first season characters anyway.

We probably will see some penguins at some point. Ask Ken if he has any idea of when.

There has been some discussion of exclusive Alice in Wonderland versions of the regular characters (the Jabberwock is highly unlikely) but I forget whether or not that requires acquisition of additional rights or if it's impossible altogether.

Mahna Mahna and the two Snowths are one the fans are really pressing for, but are not covered by the current contract.

Don't know about the Frackles. Could turn up in an all-monster wave perhaps, or as a fan exclusive. Perhaps the alligators could turn up if Palisades starts making booster packs of animal figures (chickens, pigs, dogs, alligators, monsters again, perhaps a cow or a goat or a horse here and there.) I once suggested the slinky guys, can't remember what Ken said.

As far as the rest, I'm thinking by and large they're pretty unlikely- too obscure. Ken doesn't really answer long lists- how should he know everything that Palisades will make in this line? He has a better idea than the rest of us but the nature of it is very changeable and nothing is set in stone until it's in tooling. Basically when you throw a list out there there's nothing definitive that can be said about it.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

grail

Reaction score
Alice in Wonderland, as it was written by Lewis Carroll is now public domain, so no additional rights must be purchased.

Lips

Reaction score
Fletcherbird

In my list of muppets that I am Hoping there will be Action Figures of in the Future, I ment to say will There be an Action Figure of the Big Brightly Colored Bird Fletcher (from the Leo Syaer Episode) not Featherbird

Thanks, Lips