Actors who voiced Santa Claus

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

There had been many voice actors who voiced Santa Claus in lots of animated specials, movies, and TV shows.

Probably the most famous Santa was Mickey Rooney who voiced the jolly one in Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Year Without a Santa Claus, Rudolph and Frosty, and the Happy Elf.

Stan Francis in the original Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Paul Frees voiced Santa in a few Rankin-Bass specials like Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph’s Shiny New Year, and the First Easter Rabbit.

Hal Smith in a few Yogi Bear and Flintstones Christmas specials as well as a Bonkers episode, and in the specials, Santa and the 3 Bears and The Town That Santa Forgot. Hal played Santa Claus quite a few times.

Mel Blanc in some classic Looney Tunes Christmas specials.

Frank Welker in The Chipmunks Christmas, Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas, and the Opus special.

Peter Cullen in Christmas Comes to Pacland.

Jim Cummings in the Online Adventures of Ozzy the Elf.

In the Tick, Jim Cummings voiced a villain called Multiple Santa while Ron Feinberg voiced the real Santa.

Brad Garrett in a Shnookums and Meat episode.

Frank Oz did a Muppet Santa in a Sesame Street skit.

Jim Staahl in Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.

Ed Asner in Olive the Other Reindeer and the Story of Santa Claus

Tom Bosley in a Johnny Bravo Christmas special and Earl Boen in the second JB Christmas special.

Earl Boen in Pinky and the Brain and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.

John Goodman in the Rudolph movie as well as an evil robot Santa in Futurama, who was later played by John DiMaggio in the later episodes.

Jonathan Winters in Santa Vs. the Snowmen.

Michael Patrick Bell voiced Santa in the Powerpuff Girls Christmas special and he did a Superhero Santa in Oh Yeah, Cartoons. Michael even did a live action Santa in a Spongebob Squarepants Christmas episode.

Jeff Bennett in Dexter’s Laboratory.

Bruce McGill in I.M. Weasel

Mel Brooks in Jimmy Neutron.

In Fairly Oddparents. Santa’s serious business side was voiced by Tom Arnold while his jolly self was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

Kevin Michael Richardson also voiced Santa in American Dragon, Jake Long.

James Earl Jones in Recess.

David Kaye in Jackie Chan Adventures.

Gary Chalk in Rudolph and the Isle of Misfit Toys.

Bryan Cranston in The Santa Claus Brothers.

John Astin in Higglytown Heroes.

Dee Bradley Baker in Codename, Kids Next Door.

Corey Burton in House of Mouse and Kingdom Hearts 2.

J.D. Roth and Earl Hammond in Rankin/Bass’s The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus.

Robby Benson and Jim Cummings in Universal’s The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus.

William Shatner in an Eek the Cat Special

Brain Doyle-Murray in Catdog.

Fred Willard in Holidaze.

Ed Ivory in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Trey Parker in South Park.

Chuck McCann in Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas

Tom Hanks in the Polar Express.

Lil Jon in Class of 3000.

In Rugrats, Michael Bell voiced a store Santa while Tony Jay voiced a monstrous Santa in a nightmare, while Neil Ross voiced the real Santa.

In Hooves of Fire, Santa was voiced by Ricky Tomlinson in the British version while Jim Belushi voiced him in the English version.

And probably the most unusual Santa voice, Gilbert Gottfried from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy Christmas special.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Colin Mochrie voiced Santa Claus in the stop-motion special A Very Barry Christmas that aired a couple of years ago.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Wow that was intense how long did it take for you to find all that?

Xerus

Reaction score
Wow that was intense how long did it take for you to find all that?
I can't really remember. This was a post I once posted on another forum last year. Then I found out more Santa Claus actors and added them to my old post.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, that was intense, and yeah, that's about the same question I have about all of these that you do, lol!

Does Tim Allen count? Also, Arthur Godfrey from the Ed Sullivan muppet sketch, and was it Sullivan that played him in the Great Santa Clause Sketch?

Xerus

Reaction score
Wow, that was intense, and yeah, that's about the same question I have about all of these that you do, lol!

Does Tim Allen count? Also, Arthur Godfrey from the Ed Sullivan muppet sketch, and was it Sullivan that played him in the Great Santa Clause Sketch?
Actually, I heard it was Art Carney who played Santa in that Great Santa Claus Switch and Art played the evil wizard on there too.

Also, I'm focusing on voice artists who voiced animated Santa Clauses and those you mentioned were live actors.

BabyScooter

Reaction score
Fred willard as santa in Holidaze the christmas that all most didn't happen.

whew! long title.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In Animaniacs, several VO's played Santa, I believe. Maurice LaMarche played the real Santa in "The Day Before Christmas" (Frank Welker, of course played Ralph the Studio Guard who was the fake Santa). he also played the mall Santa in the flash back in "A Christmas Plotz." Meanwhile, Jess Harnell perfomed Santa at the end of "Jingle Boo."

Jim Cummings played the Mall Santa in the Darkwing Duck episode "It's a wonderful leaf," While Terry McGovern played the real Santa that appeared at the end (he also played a Bell ringing Santa).

Jim Also did Santa's voice in a Disney Afternoon Christmas promo.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson & Richard Hunt voiced the Two-Headed Monster as Santa Claus in A Muppet Family Christmas