Adventures in HomeMade Figurines!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks Ed!!
And yeah, I am actually aware they've made those figurines, but even before they had made them, I was inspired to make something like that! Just I never had the ability/nor the money to go out and buy clay. So now that I have some time off and everything, I've started on this. I'm still trying to get that stupid camera to work. Personally, I wouldn't be surpsied if if explodes a'la Gonzo or something. XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
All frighty then. Wish you lots o'luck and hope the finished product's something you're satisfied with.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
YAY!! I got a camera that WORKS on closeups finally!!

It's still a teeny bit blurry on the fine edges, but otherwise it's LOADS better then the old pictures!

Kermit Figurine - Completed!

And yes...he DOES have Hot Pink Colored banjo strings...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, sounds great! It's not often I wish I had site, but right now I wish I could see this. Hot pink strings? Were they pictured that way in the movee?
Also, something I'm wondering. I know other customizers do it, but why would a person want to change the heads on figures? I could understand possibly if you were a puppeteer, but...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh no! It's not changing the heads on a figure. I hand-made it from polymer clay myself!! Not a scrap of a plastic toy in there. All handmade from FIMO brand (hard as a rock, felt like I was breaking my fingers trying to mold it...) polymer molding clay.

He's 3 1/2 inches tall, about 2 inches across. He has a removeable head, and because I couldn't find white, at first I used hot pink clay for the strings. And no it wasn't like that in the movie. XD

Then I found some white, and I created his eyes, and then I handpainted his pupils on. The pupils are way too big though. He's sitting on a paperthin wafer of blue clay, and he really dosn't have defined fingers or toes, but he does have a nicely defined collar, and I believe his body shape is near normal.

And yes, I am a puppeter. But no, he's not a puppet. He's a hand-made polymer clay figurine. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully glad he's finished Sara. Do you take figurine requests? Sokay if not, no worries.

Kate... The only changing heads for the figures that I know of which would be done intentionally is the trick with the S1 Miss Piggy. Personally, she looks better with her long sweeping hairstyle and wearing her purple dress.
Good night everybody.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Alright, I didn't know you were a puppeteer. All I meant was that if it was a puppet, I'd understand why you might want to change the heads. As it is, it's even weirder, because now I'm wondering why you'd want to remove the head!
*eek* LOL! Yeah, I imagine that material is very hard to work with. I never liked, nor was I much good at art class myself. Do you have anymore figures in mind?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'd also like to say Sarah, that your discription was very good! Most people I know are flustered when asked for a discription of something. You gave a great one, and I didn't even ask! Have you had any past experience, may I ask?
I'd also like to know, since I didn't know you were a puppeteer, have you made any of your own puppets?