Ages

• Thread starter furryredmonster
  • Start date
F

furryredmonster

How old are all the sesame street muppets? All I know is that Elmo is 3 1/2. How about Bert, Ernie, Oscar, and the rest?

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
When Caroll Spinney appeared at BAM last year, I believe he said that Oscar was 43. Actually, Oscar might have said that himself. There's an episode of Sesame Street I'd watched recently where Ernie explains to Bert that he has to go through preschool and all the other grades before he can go to school to become a doctor. So, I guess that would make Ernie the age where he's about to start, or in, preschool.

BEAR

Reaction score
Tim Kelly said:
When Caroll Spinney appeared at BAM last year, I believe he said that Oscar was 43. Actually, Oscar might have said that himself. There's an episode of Sesame Street I'd watched recently where Ernie explains to Bert that he has to go through preschool and all the other grades before he can go to school to become a doctor. So, I guess that would make Ernie the age where he's about to start, or in, preschool.

That's weird, he certainly doesn't act like a pre-school kid. Junior high maybe, but not pre-school.

When the show first began, Big Bird was ageless. He was just a big goofy guy. It was after that first season they decided he should be a kid. So after a big character turn around he became a kid of about 4 years old, then after time he aged to 6 and stayed that way. Prairie is meant to be about 7. Biff the construction worker is about 40. There was an episode where he had a birthday.

F

furryredmonster

Ernie in preschool? Maybe 4 th grade or so but not preschool!!

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I always thought Ernie and Bert were just silly adults in their early 20s

F

furryredmonster

It seems like everyone thinks they are a different age