1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Albert Heijn muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Wafflesnacker, Jun 6, 2014.

?

Which one would YOU get?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2014.
  1. Kermit

40.0%
  2. Piggy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gonzo

20.0%
  4. Waldorf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Statler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fozzie

20.0%
  7. Animal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chef

40.0%
  9. NONE!

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Albert Heijn Promotional Muppet puppets!​
    Ever seen bought or heard of these:

[​IMG]I saw these and they looked like they got run over.
    But I finally made the choice of curiosity and got myself Kermit and Piggy and they're half decent with someones hand inside. A decent size to. 13 Inches aprox.

Here's my cousin playing with e'm

[​IMG]

But you can't move Piggy's mouth which is a shame. And Kermit's eyes are bulgy and the same white netting on the inside is used on the eyes, making bits of fluff string out... But they'd make a great gift to any Muppet fan! And they are getting rare!

They did go crazy advertising these in albert heijn you should of seen the place. it was :crazy:!

Eyeball likes this.
  2. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

albert heijn? but yeah your right they look a little flat, the chef looks the best imo

3. DutchMuppet

DutchMuppet Member

Albert Heijn is the biggest grocery store of the Netherlands. A little bit like Wall-Mart but then with lesser non-food products. When the 2011 movie came out, they had a Muppet Month. They had some merch and an exclusive Dutch translated book with some Muppet Comics. And they had these puppets. I got all of them. Even the cardboard theater. But these puppets were a free promotional thingy. Every 15 euro you got 1 point. And after 6 points you got one puppet. By myself, I got 3 of them because this was just one month available. But after two weeks it was all sold-out. My parents and some friends gave me enough points to get them in the second week. Most Dutch Muppetfans got the collection complete with a local ebay. Because it's just not possible to get them complete in two weeks! I mean, I don't buy groceries for 360 euro in two weeks. For a free gift it's a pretty decent puppet and one of the few handpuppets available since the eighties I think.

Eyeball likes this.
  4. Eyeball

thanks, asda is wallmart over here but we got little to nothing (at least where i am) but those look pretty awesome for a free gift.

5. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

They where one euro.

and eyeball you can get them on ebay for 10 pounds.

Eyeball likes this.
  6. Eyeball

thanks, i might get 1 or 2 then.

7. DutchMuppet

DutchMuppet Member

That's right. It was one euro. Good value ;)

8. Eyeball

thats like 60p, cant even get can of pepsi for that in some places, what a great promotion i sadly missed....

9. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

10. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

11. Eyeball

Thanks that's a Pretty good deal.