Alex Ross and wife, a fan of the figures

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I ran an article in the New York Post about Alex Ross's home and his Halloween. I found this quote,

Mrs. Ross, 27, was obsessed with Superman even before she met her husband, and he hasn't exactly discouraged her. She acknowledges a weakness for Muppet and Snow White figures and Indiana Jones paraphernalia

Maybe Alex would do some Muppets in the future.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I recognize the name "Alex Ross," but the meaning of that name does not compute. Remind me.

danielromens

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I recognize the name "Alex Ross," but the meaning of that name does not compute. Remind me.
Alex Ross is the artist for many DC and Marvel comics in which the artwork has been painted. His most notable work is probably the Kingdom Come series.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hot dog! I know who you mean now, and I have some friends who met him and I don't recall if they were able to get an autograph or not.

Yup, I can place him with his name now...

Gonzo

Reaction score
Very cool--I'm reading his new collection "Mythology" right now, and I'm a big fan of his work. Nice to know he's one of the good guys.

:halo:

grail

Reaction score
I met his wife (and him) in Philly this past summer...she really is a BIG fan. I think one of the other folks that was working the Palisades booth that weekend (J.D., known as Blinky_fish on the Palisades board) got video of them talking about how much they dug the figures. Nice folks.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I just finished "Mythology," and it was an excellent overview of Ross' DC Comics work and how he works the magic. Very nice stuff. Since I've already read all of his stuff, and loved all of it, the best for me was seeing the sketches and behind the scenes stuff. They even throw in some of his childhood sketches and a Justice League he made out of construction paper--great stuff.

If you're a fan you should check it out. Just pick it up at Barnes and Noble and sit in a comfy chair and read it, getting your nasty greasy fingerprints all over it, so no one buys it and it goes on clearance, and I pick it up for a buck 98 instead of picking it up at the liberry like I just did.

:halo:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Funny how great minds think alike :stick_out_tongue: I spotted this thread just a few minutes after posting a blog entry about Mythology. I haven't picked it up yet but I hear that it is great. I'm a fan of all of Chip Kidd's books on comics, especially Batman Animated.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I'm a fan of all of Chip Kidd's books on comics, especially Batman Animated.
I'm currently reading Kidd's "Art of Charles Schulz" and it's another great one.

If you're a fan of the animated stuff, there are several pages of Alex Ross' own version of a lot of characters in Bruce Timm's style...there's some good good stuff there. So go get it!

:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
I'm currently reading Kidd's "Art of Charles Schulz" and it's another great one.
I bought that book the day the bookstore released it! It's now out in paperback.