ALF Comes To DVD In Season Sets

Luke

Reaction score
For fans of ALF, this was reported on TVShowsOnDVD.com :-

Earlier today we got an email from Melmac letting us know that the first season of ALF will be released on DVD August 10 from Lions Gate Home Entertainment. The set will carry a SRP of $39.98. Unfortunately that's all we know for now, but we'll keep you posted when we receive any more information.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1578

FYI, The pilot episode features ALF watching and commenting on Sesame Street so there was a bit of a nod to Henson at the time.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I forgot about that. It's interesting that they did that because Jim Henson was very upset when Alf came on the air. According to Bernie Brillstein Jim was very upset he helped Paul Fusco get Alf on NBC and he thought that the Muppets should be Brillstein's only "puppet" client.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah it was interesting to read that in the autobiography. Paul Fusco told me ages ago that Jim ended up becoming quite a fan over time so it seems like things got better but i guess there was always an element of rivalry there.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree. You can hardly catch ALF on TV anywhere these days (well except when he appears on "Hollywood Squares.") I'm looking forward to having the DVD.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Luke said:
FYI, The pilot episode features ALF watching and commenting on Sesame Street so there was a bit of a nod to Henson at the time.
I remember that!

Brian and ALF are watching Sesame Street together

Brian: "Do you get Sesame Street where you come from ALF?"

ALF: "No...I don't even get it HERE." :stick_out_tongue:

BTW: Wouldn't this topic be more appropriate in another forum? :confused: