Alice Bratsworth Goodyshoes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about this little girl who appeared in animated segments during the first season of Sesame Street? Does anybody know when they stopped showing segments with her? Were any of her segments ever shown on Noggin?

I have a book called The Sesame Street Book of Puzzles. It includes various photos and written dialog from various Sesame Street segments from the first season. It was part of a series of books called The Sesame Street learning Kit. You might have heard about this collection by reading the Back To School Anthology at Tough Pigs. In fact, that anthology had scans of stickers that were included with the set, and Alice appeared on one of the stickers (this is how I know her full name).

Anyway, the Sesame Street Book of Puzzles has a few segments with alice:
1. in one segment, she shows what through means, She has a small tunnel raised off the ground that she pours some paint through, and after waiting a bit for the paint to go through, she looks under the tunnel, and the paint falls on her.
2. In another segment, she demonstrates wet and dry. She is dry while the water in the small tub in front of her is wet. Then an alien comes by, takes the tub, and dumps the water on her.
3. Another segment had her demonstrating over and under. She is next to a brick wall and says that if she digs a tunnel, she can go under the wall, then she says that if she jumps over the wall she will go over it. She then jumps over the wall and ends up landing on her face.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I have this same book believe it or not that a couple of friends of mine gave me about 13 years ago. Alice was in fact seen on Noggin. I remember seeing her on there at least once. As to why they don't show her anymore. Simple. They don't have the room for it because they have their crappy set routine all set for each show now. Therefore they don't have time for any extra stuff.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
As to why they don't show her anymore. Simple. They don't have the room for it because they have their crappy set routine all set for each show now. Therefore they don't have time for any extra stuff.
I think her segments stopped being shown before the format changed, but I could be wrong. I don't ever remember seeing her segments outside of the book I saw her in. I was asking when they stopped showing her, not why.