ALL DVDs Should Do This...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Obviously there are people out there who aren't fond of widescreen presentations of movies on DVD (like me), while there are also some people out there who aren't fond of fullscreen presentations.

I know some DVDs (particularly those released by Columbia) give you the option to view the movie in either widescreen OR fullscreen... I think ALL DVDs should have that option don't you? At least then everyone can be happy, besides, fullscreen editions are so hard to find these days, and Blockbuster has widescreen editions only!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I love wide screen editions! My notebook screen was design for widescreen format. But I say why not give movie viewers that option.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
I agree 100%! I hate widescreen... unless it's on a screen that was meant for widescreen. If you're watching it on a tiny TV, it really sucks!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
I agree 100%! I hate widescreen... unless it's on a screen that was meant for widescreen. If you're watching it on a tiny TV, it really sucks!
Tell me about it, those black bars are SOOOOO annoying... and the thing of it is they say fullscreen cuts a lot of the picture out, but I've been checking, and it's the black bars that do the actual cutting because they over lap of whats on top and what on the bottom of the frame!

Skye

Reaction score
That is a really good idea, Snowthy! I do prefer the fullscreen format, but at the same time, it doesn't totally matter to me either way, hehe. But, I do think it's a great idea for all DVDs to give people the choice!

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd go along with that. We all like widescreen here at my house, but my mom hates it! It's always nice to have a choice.

-JeNN

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I like that people have the choice, but I'd rather see the widescreen version. It preserves the artistry of the film (when people making films actually realize it's supposed to be art). I like an illustration Martin Scorcese uses:

You wouldn't cut off the ends of "The Last Supper", would you? Sure, you're getting Jesus and 6 of his apostles, but he had 12, and you're cutting half of them off. You're destroying the whole picture.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I love widescreen as well. It's wonderful to see the whole picture.

Now if there wasn't only different aspect ratios.....