All My Numbers.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ed, this is great! I like the line about the girls having an air of higher stature, the way Mokey towers over the other Fraggles. You are always really good at creating great visuals, I'm sure because of your own eye problems, but still, it paints a great picture for us! Looking forward to the next part and I'll be around if you need to bounce something off of me. :smile:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Yikes! This gets more interesting the more I read it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Under the Covers
-------------
Ed settled into the bed that the Count had prepared for him (just as comfortable as the one he used to sleep in back home), set up in the master's chambers in the castle's east. Pajamas donned, which included a pair of black sweatpants and long black woolen shirt, he finally found the perfect resting position beneath the blanket spread out over the sofa's surface. This black woolen shirt bearing a knit white 13 patch, denominated as his "Black Luck" shirt, was the one Ed wore when in a particular mood of attempting to ward off the cumbersome coldened batmosphere. "Autumn Apples... Autumn Bride... Autumn Fright, that's the one with the big bat-winged jacket..." Ed softly spoke, images of ideas for another one of his oft-shunted creative toils involving his lovely doll playing through his mind. Though the Count counted sheep, Ed prefered to count all the individually distinct creatures roaming inside his mind's eye, albeit counting himself to sleep had long since ceased to serve any usefulness.

The couch creaked quietly, amidst the Hensonville haunter's sonorous somniferous state, he still felt something brushing against his frame. "Who's there?" he asked rousing him for just a little while, checking that there was no unfamiliar foe to contend with. "Oh, I'm sorry... Thought this bed was unoccupied. Do you mind if I stay here for just a quick nap?" "Uh, could you please tell me who you are first?" "Oh, sure. My name's Bruina" quipped the cuddly cub. Her darkened brown fur bristled against the sleeve of the fair slumberer's shirt, her black beady eyes almost completely shut as another yawn was audibly heard from her own bogged-down body. The black bat badge she wore featuring its centralized embossed ghostly glowing white 3, pinned to her left shoulder, held up the discolored white blanket wrapped somewhat imitatively of an ancient toga over her fuzzy physique. "You know, I think I've seen you somewhere before" mentioned Ed as Bruina's pouched eyes blinked briefly in response to the confused counter's comment. "Oh no, that was my cousin Beth, she's starred in that Manhattan movie. But I prefer to stay hidden away from the cameras." Beddy-bye bleeded bags belied the question she had, showing that she really needed a good night's sleep. "OK, just don't hug me too tightly, don't want to have any aches while sleeping." "Thank you sir" Bruina said, snuggling in close while her outstretched arm lifted a marble 3 in the air for a moment, placing it on the nightstand where one of the Count's bats would retrieve it whisking the present off to the vampire's vaults.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh I love the teddy! Very nice, and very cute too! Love how Ed gets to sleep, very cool. More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes well... Hope this cheers Beth up. Now aren't you glad she's a full character instead of just a stuffed teddy bear? And I defiantly welcome whatever Cath posts about this little scene.

Oh yeah, have to talk to her and Beth about who'll be next at #4. And I've posted three segments plus #0, now get to posting that Sesame story Prawn!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh I love Bruina!!! I'm glad you put her at number 3. Very nice or should I say Beary nice? Anyway I PM'd you in response to your PM so I hope it helps and I look forward to seeing who's up for number 4.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys... Sorry this hasn't been updated in almost a month. *Sighs.
The main reason is, as I hexplained in another thread which it seems noone's seen... Even if I work in small batches of five spooks each, balancing who's brought in at what numeric point, and even if I bring in all the spooks I want to have present that's only a max total of 200 to 220 entries. Not enough to have a group of five with at least one of the state representative monster Muppets I've lined up so far. And if I were to get groups of five anchored around each of these state reps, that would get me to 250, but I'd want to keep going up to 1000 to rival Disney's haunt. But sadly, I realize this probably won't happen.

The option I have however is the following. Instead of worrying about the end total, a new series of short fanfics, nothing lengthier than a sort of introductory Counting Page presenting each monster Muppet could be done. But there are two choices here:
a. Present whatever monster Muppet I want for a specific numeric position in these introductory little snipets; i.e.: The Count at 1, The Two-Headed Monster at 2, The Phantom Lady at 3, Uncle Deadly at 4, The Cryptkeeper at 5, etc.
b. Present the monster Muppets in their introductory snipets in state union numeric order; i.e.: The Invisible Man (Beaker) for Delaware at 1, Quasibobo (Bobo the Bear Guard) for Pennsylvania at 2, The Jersey Devil for New Jersey at 3, Nicholas the Devil (The Jim Henson Muppet) for Georgia at 4, The Headless Horseman (Ernie) for Connecticut at 5, etc.

Additionally... If I choose the latter of these options and fully decide to go down that road, know that it would be due to other influeincing factors as well. Namely, the fact that with fifty monster Muppet state reps plus a few others, I'd have enough to then pursue another fancy of mine that I'm not entirely sure of. This would entail the development of groups of twelve girl-bats as calendar marked cuties whose looks/bodies would be based on a long list of monthly models that have accumulated and continue to accumulate since December 1953, starting with Marilyn Monroe. And though this would allow me the luxury of finally creating that full female following I secretly yearn for, the hesitation is there nevertheless.

Please know that I will also continue to thread the events that led to the town of Hensonville garnering its inhabitants, but this is the personal project that always weighs me down with constant waffling/wembling. Thought that you, my good friends should be informed of my decision to stop this lark of a tale as I attempt to determine what it is I rully wish to concentrate on.
Feedback, as always, is welcome. Hope this helps and have a good day.