Alphabet Album sketches???

magusdude

Reaction score
I know that the Sesame Street Alphabet Album was totally pre-recorded, but later lip-sunch for TV sketches. Were all of them made into TV sketches? Or just some? The following from that album I have NOT seen:

The Sound of the Letter A
Oscar's B Sandwich
Four Furry Friends
Ha Ha
Herb's Silly Poem
The Noodle Story
My Favorite Letter
The R Machine
The Tale of Tom Tettertal Tuttertut
The U Lecture
A Very Very Special Letter
Just Because

The rest I have seen, either back when I watched it as a little kid, or, in a few cases, some that I have recently seen for the very first time through Youtube ("What's My Letter?" comes to mind). Do any of those even exist as sketches? Does anyone have them? Any help would be appreciated. I'm making another topic as well for other songs. From other albums.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Wow, a lot of memories you bought to my attention. I recall the "The sound of the letter A" as a sketch shown on TV a long time ago, that was with big Bird and some anything muppet I think. But as for the other songs I"m not too sure, but all in all this was an unbelievable album- great part of my childhood, too bad the tape I had of this album got busted because of too much playing.:frown:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi - The only one on your list that I DO remember being shown is "P-My favorite letter," which was sung by some country anything-muppet folk standing outside a house.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Cookie fan said:
But as for the other songs I"m not too sure, but all in all this was an unbelievable album- great part of my childhood, too bad the tape I had of this album got busted because of too much playing.:frown:
Luckily, the tracks from this album are on the "Do the alphabet" CD, which I think is still available.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I'll check out the CD...it'll be good to hear those songs once again for ol' times sake. Man, I miss those days.

Tim

Reaction score
I still like Bert's "W" song/sketch ("When you hear 'whu, whu whu, whu!'"). He was a crack-up in that one.

Dantecat

Reaction score
And The My Favorite Letter Sketch is also released on the SS Old School Box Set.:smile:

magusdude

Reaction score
Maybe it would help a bit if I put the singers with the songs/sketches...

The Sound of the Letter A - Big Bird and others
Oscar's B Sandwich - Oscar and I believe Herbert Birdsfoot
Four Furry Friends - Herry, Grover, Cookie, and Oscar
Ha Ha - Harvey Kneeslapper, Herry Monster and Big Bird
Herb's Silly Poem - Herbert Birdsfoot and others
The Noodle Story - Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch
My Favorite Letter - 3 Anything Muppets
The R Machine - Bert and Ernie
The Tale of Tom Tettertal Tuttertut - Herbert Birdsfoot and fairytail characters
The U Lecture - Professor Hastings and Ernie
A Very Very Special Letter - Big Bird
Just Because - Grover and Prairy Dawn

Erine81981

Reaction score
I known I've seen these on the show before.

MyThe R Machine - Bert and Ernie
Favorite Letter - 3 Anything Muppets

These are the only ones I've seen but like the others have said some of them have been on the show.