Alphabet in drawings sketch

mikealan

Reaction score
I remember the other alphabet segment where letters are drawn. I made a parody of this segment on my own alphabet book in 1998 that had my favorite muppet characters but not SS characters until...I disliked it.

If you remember this alphabet segment, here's how it went:
First, a live hand draws an "a" on the sand. Then, little stones form a "b" and a hand draws a "c" by using chalk. Then, the hand draws a "d" on the clay-ish background and it turns into a soft "e". As the "e" moves by, we see the tree branch that is shaped like the letter "f". Now, a live hand draws a red "g" by using an old-fashioned red pen from the branch and the page is now turned. The "h" is now drawn by something in a weird sound, and we see an animated bird flying by as its feather begins to fall off. The feather now draws an "i" by using ink. Then, a cartoon hand paints a "j" by using paint, and it draws a "k" by using a green crayon. Then, the other cartoon hand draws an "l" by using a blue marker and a live hand draws an "m" by using a pen. Now, we see another live hand drawing an "n" by using a pencil and another live hand erases part of the page filled with pencil drawing to form the letter "o". Then, other live hands form the letter "p" in sign language and another hand stamps a blue "q". Next, the huge stamp machine makes the blue "r" and something I don't remember makes red s's. Now, a cartoon hand types the letter t on the typewriter as the black "t" appears and moves up. Now, the next scene is filled with little squares, many of them form the huge letter "u". The scene is now forming into a "v" in the black background. Now, we see the computer-generated "w" in colors next and it fades to x's in different colors. After the x's in colors, we see the yellow "y" and the other colored-y's swirl all around. Finally, the y's disappear and we see the computer-generated "z" being drawn and it floats away or it begins to disappear.

I hope anyone would remember this sketch!

LittleChrissy

Reaction score
Did anyone see the other variation of that film, where there were different things done with T-Z? It was seen in the episode where Maria obtains her computer.

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually did see that. And I think that's the only time it ever aired. They did that so that it would be more up to date. Because in the old version, they used a typewriter, and some old-style computer effects.