Alright, here's my crazy idea...

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
First of all, lemme tell ya all how excited I am to be part of this message board. I have been looking in my area for Muppet-folk who at least, in part, share my passion for Muppets and Muppet action figures. :big_grin:

Many of you know of (I assume here, correct me if I am wrong) Twisted Toyfare Theater and if you don't, get out and buy issues of Toyfare and read it cause it's funny as... Heck. Anyway, it's styled like a 4-5 page comic book which, instead of drawings, utilizes carefully positioned action figures (Mego dolls mostly) and positions word blurbs over their heads and stuff so there's a story. Anyway, the story uses bastardized versions of the characters personalities and puts them in strange and unusual situations, which is fine by me.

My idea is to do this with Muppet figs and put my creation on the internet. I already have MOST of the Muppet figs (Animal and Electric Mayhem soundstage has eluded me so far, but there ya go) and a vast collection of toys since I was a lad. I have sculpted a Sweet-Ums over a GI-Joe doll (Have yet to sew him an outfit as I have not found the perfect fabric) and other various props/ mini-Muppets (fruit, fish, working on some penguins with limited articulation). Also I am working on a scale model of the backstage area of the show but I need a REALLY good set of pics for this to assist me (if anyone is listening and cares, I sure would appreciate those pics).

My version of Twisted Muppet Theater will pretty much keep to the personalities of the characters but have them in odd situations. It will deal less with skits and more with their personal lives (Actually buying a construcable dollhouse or two for their actual homes). So yeah, I really want to turn this into something great but may need pics from time to time that I could search for on my own or recruit others to assist me with.

Anyway, what do you folks think of this idea??? I know it's hard to judge without having seen any product yet, but it's still mostly in the planning stages.

By the way Phil, thanks for clearing my email so I could join you mugs here...

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Theres a guy who does that on the Palisades board. You should check it out. Really funny. :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
I was planning on doing my own TTT-based thing but using all of my figures (I have so many its ridiculous) seeing as I have virtually every Star Wars figure released since 1995 and a ton from when I was a kid (Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, etc).

All I need now is a graphics program (I had Corel but lost it when I reformatted my HD and the cd is MIA) and I'm unfortunately short of what it costs to buy Photoshop :frown:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, I would reda them if you put them on the internet.

jediX

Reaction score
TTT is most definately the best part in Toyfare anyway.

Cap-if you have any ideas, let me know. I realized I still have Corel after all (guess it wasn't lost) but its on my Dad's machine, which is ridiculously slow. I also have a digital camera and all that etc stuff.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Well, your just a little more prepared over me...

HAHAHA... Jedix, sounds like you got all thei missing peices I need to get started... Well, the ONE I need... That camera. I got Photoshop 6 which will totally help me crop (actually I plan to leave the strings, wires, whatever in my shots, as it will be funnier. ) Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. I need someone also to parter up with who has some net-savvy and could actually help me get this on the web. It'll probably be another 6 months or so before I get this rolling... I still have sets to build/ buy and some figs I want to sculpt that I know I will never see. (Currently working on a Salacious Crumb with a Stikfas body but I need some extra Stikfas bodies... I currently have the complete collection of Stikfas and don't want to ruin my set). All in all it's good to hear some positive support... Thanks guys!!! I've been looking for some time for some real Muppet fans who match my fandom, and here are dozens of you who totally surpass my fanatacism!!!

jediX

Reaction score
Only issue is you sorta, live in Illinois. I have the server space to put them up on my website.