Alternate intros?

Unseen

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me which season or episodes the intro appears that starts with Doc saying "Sprocket old boy, what are you barking at, what do you see?" and then has the version of the song that doesn't include the Fraggles introducing themselves?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I have the complete series and none of the episodes start out that way. Perhaps you're thinking of the animated series? I don't recall that intro. The other possibility is that you've heard the album version, which IIRC is longer than the show's intro.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The other possibility is that you've heard the album version, which IIRC is longer than the show's intro.

Definitely the reasoning. You are thinking of the sound track theme song, which has extended dialogues that just aren't there in the 1 minute televised theme song. I would also like to add, the animated theme does NOT have that dialogue (as it is a remake of the live action theme- though not shot for shot).

Unseen

Reaction score
Thank you both! I have heard an audio version that sounds the way I described, but I could have sworn the actual show had an opening with Doc saying "Sprocket old boy...".

So there was really only one version of the opening ever aired in the US?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Well, I've watched the entire series and don't remember the opening ever really changing much.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The opening was the same all throughout the series (except for two episodes in the first season that in their original broadcasts had Gobo or Wembley doing the final "Down in Fraggle Rock" instead of Boober).

However i think one of the dvd bonus features showed the "album version" you're thinking of with a different edit of visuals to fit it so that's where you probably remember seeing it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Also, the Sprocket old Boy line, isn't that from the Lighthouse Doc?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The opening was the same all throughout the series (except for two episodes in the first season that in their original broadcasts had Gobo or Wembley doing the final "Down in Fraggle Rock" instead of Boober).

Plus, if they did make an alternate intro, they would have fixed an obvious puppeteering mistake on Gobo's "WOWEEEEEEEE" as he runs through the caves.

superboober

Reaction score
Also, the Sprocket old Boy line, isn't that from the Lighthouse Doc?
Nope, I had that record, and it's definitely Gerry Parkes saying it. Now perhaps they did a version for British release with Fulton McKay's vocals, but I haven't heard of the existence of that just yet.