Am I The Only One Here....

vaati64

Reaction score
....That thinks that the Govenor of California is doing a terrible job?So, when reading one of the articles of yahoo news, I thought it might be time for a thread like this. Now, Apparently, Arnold is proposing to close up to 220 State Parks! Some of these include Bodie, Lake Tahoe's Emerald Bay, Fort Ross State Historis Park, Big Basin Red Woods, even the Govenor's own mansion on Sacremento! Is this guy that much of an idiot, on top of all the other things that he's done to the state? I don't know, maybe this is just my opinion. Any thoughts?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No, you're right. From what I can tell, he hasn't done the best job as Governor.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Hey, he's doing a **** of a lot better job than Grey Davis! And he's trying to cut costs without cutting where it really hurts, so I say its a whole lot better than cutting down even more on education or other spending where we really need it. My state does not have the funds to keep places like those parks open without taking from where we really need to put the money. And it's a lot better of plan than selling San Quentin! Okay? He's had a bad enough lot just trying to clean up the mess Davis left for him, and this fricken recession is definetly not helping things! I mean, I dunno if anyone's heard or not, but California is at over 11% unemployment! Things are tough, and sometimes finding and making the responsible decision is even tougher. Pick on your own governor.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
California is a mess. It has been a mess for a long time. Gray Davis stuck us in the horrible energy crisis, took Enron money while all the time demonizing them. However, Arnold can't complain much because he campaigned to recall and replace Davis who had just been reelected after underhandedly smearing his opponent. He wanted this challenge but has not risen to the occasion. State tax is now 9.5% unemployment is high and programs are being cut left and right. Fellow Republican President Bush didn't help the California Govenator out at all either. This state got the cold shoulder for 8 years under the former President no matter who was in office.

There are many problems here. Schwarzenegger has had plenty of time to help them along, but hasn't. He has been unexpectedly aloof and detached. He modeled his design on Reagan, but a Great Communicator Arnold is not.

The landscape of America is changing. Our employment opportunities, spending habits, how we treat the environment and one another is changing. The old template of America is becoming obsolete. I just we retain the root of our nation while finding better methods to achieve the American dream.

There is a quote, ""As California goes, so goes the nation." I don't know who wrote it. It's one of those sayings that have been around for a long time. I hope we get better soon!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can I just chime in to say that Massachusetts is a freakin' mess too? And We can all think Darth Romney for that one. The guy pretended to slash budgets so he could say "I can slash budgets." He lowered the taxes for the wealthy so he could say "I lowered taxes." His entire run as governor has been just to pretend to run a state so he could get street cred for his Presidential career... and frankly, I'm glad he didn't even get the party's nomination. Heck, I would've rather seen Bush for 4 more years than Romney. When he was governor, he spent more time running for president than actually doing anything. And then, his last act was to slash the budget so harshly, there was no money left for anything. And this was to fill in an imaginary budget crisis. now we HAVE a budget crisis, and there's no way to get out of it.

Enter our new governor, Deval Patrick... or as I like to call him, Woody Allen's more neurotic half brother. When he came into office, everyone put him under a microscope for rediculous little things, and I feel that's why he hasn't actually done anything. he's so afraid of bad publicity, that he got bad publicity for not doing anything. he refused to raise the taxes Romney shattered, and he hasn't made one single major change to Romney's "I don't give a crap" policy. Now, we have to raise the sales tax, the gas tax, and all that... you know, recessive taxes that affect the poor more, instead of just jacking up the income tax for the wealthy.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Michigan is a pretty big mess, too. I think we're the worst state to find a job in right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We're ALL in a mess, and we have a certain ex-drug addict monkey faced git to thank for it. I don't like the fact he gets to retire back to his wealthy oil baron family.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's hard; there are times when the will of the people is smarter than the law. Yet in other cases, the will of the people is flawed and needs to be overruled.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yet in other cases, the will of the people is flawed and needs to be overruled.
Well, I can grantee you this will be one of those cases where they will determine the will of the people to be wrong. And hey, if you don't like it, you can always move elsewhere. :wink: