Am I the only one who didn't like the Calypso Theme Song?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I, myself, don't hate the calypso theme as I grew up watching the show with that theme, but I can see why others don't like it. While it has really good production values and we get to see tons of the Muppet characters, it makes Sesame Street feel a lot less grounded in reality with all those cartoony elements. And indeed, Flanderization of the show's fantastic elements began to take hold as more preschool shows such as a certain purple T. rex blossomed in popularity.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Still, I think we can all agree, weather we personally like any of the major changes made during and after the 90s or not, we should all agree that most of the changes were necessary in order to stay on the air. The intro should reflect what the show is at the time. An intro is like an advertisement for your show, it has to interest your viewers to check the show out, also it has to show the viewer what the show is like. If you don't entice kids from the opening, than they're not going to watch.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I, myself, don't hate the calypso theme as I grew up watching the show with that theme, but I can see why others don't like it. While it has really good production values and we get to see tons of the Muppet characters, it makes Sesame Street feel a lot less grounded in reality with all those cartoony elements. And indeed, Flanderization of the show's fantastic elements began to take hold as more preschool shows such as a certain purple T. rex blossomed in popularity.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Luke kun

Reaction score
But you got, like, Doc MacStuffins being the closest thing to reality, and even then she talks to toys.
Doesn't Steven Blum voice a character in there? If so, DOC HAS A REALLY MESSED-UP MIND. STEVEN BLUM'S VOICE IS HOT.
Caroll Spinney and Jerry Nelson and Fran Brill and Marty Robinson, some of the best veteran Muppeteers that are still alive.
If only Jerry and Fran were still on...