Am i the only one who is driven crazy when people say "Guest host" rather than "Guest Star"?

Aaron

Reaction score
I may be nit picking but, Kermit is the host. The guest star does no hosting of the show whatsoever. I know its a minor thing but it really does get to me.

robodog

Reaction score
Truthfully I never thought about it up until now but it is a good point.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I may be nit picking but, Kermit is the host. The guest star does no hosting of the show whatsoever. I know its a minor thing but it really does get to me.
Seems like whoever does say guest host must be thinking of SNL by mistake, where the guests do host the show.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like when people do the guest host thing. In my head I'm like, it's guest star! Although, Phyllis George was the host for her episode but only because it was the Muppet Awards!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're referring to people who say this in day-to-day discussions about the show, because Kermit always announced the celebrity guest as a 'guest star'.

Yes, a guest host is someone who fills in for an absent host or is doing a stint of SNL hosting.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It can be a little annoying, but it's probably something people just aren't paying attention to when they say it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I honestly have never heard the two confused like that :/