Amateur Filmmaking

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I'm an amateur filmmaker, and I've done one major movie called The Barbaric Tree-Climber. It is 30 min. long, but it didn't work out how I planned. I'm remaking it under a new title--The Lost Nation. I'm also making a sequel to The Lost Nation called The Third Warrior. All of these films are set in ancient times, but they aren't on Earth. If you're interested in checking out my movie website the address is http://www.geocities.com/barbarictreeclimber/

Now let's hear it from other amateur filmmakers out there!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm not a film maker, though I've been interested int eh craft for longo-most time, and want (one day) to produce some films (maybe) (maybe not...)

But, I am a screenwriter, writing bits and pieces of screenplays in my spare time.

Just thought I'd say that...

Bea:zany:{regard}regard

Drum Eater

Reaction score
That's awesome! Have any of your screenplays been made into films? :confused:

jediX

Reaction score
I've done a few short little films, but they were all a long time ago. I was going to do a show with a friend for our college's channel, but he dropped out and I can't really do an improv sketch show by myself...

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Yeah, probably the hardest part about making movies is getting other people to help you! It's pretty hard to make a film all by yourself...but it's almost equally hard to get other people to help you. I'm fortunate in that I've got a lot of friends who are willing to help!

jediX

Reaction score
The only kind of projects I've found actually come out well when working solo are stop-motion animation. Heh, I used to do these films with Lego people and would later dub in voices...heh heh...anyway....

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I've tried doing some stop-motion animation. It's really fun, but I just don't have the talent for it. But it can be very entertaining, even when you're not the best at it. :crazy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Drum Eater said:
That's awesome! Have any of your screenplays been made into films? :confused:
Nah, not yet.

I've only ever finished a screenplay for the Muppets, (with a group of Muppet Fans called The 5ive), and as a lot of us know the Muppet's never, ever look at films.

I'm hoping to do some short screenplays soon though as practice. I'm hoping (ish) to do a screenwriting degree in uni one day.

Bea:zany:{regard}regard

Drum Eater

Reaction score
That would be cool to sell screenplays to Hollywood in a way, but I guess if they totally messed up your story it wouldn't. But I can't decide what the hardest part about filmmaking is. Writing, directing, scoring, or shooting it! They're all pretty hard! For me, it's probably the writing part. After that it's just a matter of getting everybody together. And you know what? I found another group of high school kids in California who did the same thing I'm doing! Or almost the same thing! Their trailers are awesome...go check them out!

http://www.studentfilms.com/film/get.do?id=675

They also have a "The Age of Ruash: Demo" that you should watch as well! Anyway, I love filmmaking! :flirt: