American Archive of Public Broadcasting to preserve nearly 4,500 Sesame Street episodes

BertFan

Reaction score
I just want to see episodes with insert's I want to see really badly.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I doubt I'll be able to go to either archives location anytime soon, but there are a lot I would like to see. There are episodes I'd like to see more for the sake of confirming things (I've been meaning to list episodes people should see if their main goal is to add to Muppet Wiki, though we won't be able to add images), but there's also a lot that I more genuinely want to see.

Some that I want to see for more than just historical significance/to check on things that the wiki can't note until somebody sees it:
  • Episode 1259 - Bruno's first appearance (though technically that is historical as it's a debut appearance, and I've been told that the script gives him a lot of dialogue so I'd like to see if he is dialogue-heavy in the finished version, but it does sound like an awesome episode).
  • Jerry Nelson plays director Richard Altman who uses Hooper's Store as a filming location, with Richard Hunt as one of the actors. (even if it didn't star Muppet performers, it sounds awesome!)
  • Episode 900 - Bert and Ernie's bath tub sing-along (it helps that I got the album its based on last year and find it to be really awesome).
  • I think it's episode 129 where Oscar basically hosts the show.
  • The episodes where The Fix-It Shop gets repaired.
  • The episodes where Hooper's Store gets repaired (haven't even seen the last part online).
  • Biff keeps interrupting Bob's day.
  • Episode 847 (of course!)
  • Oscar hosts a day at Camp Uglyyucky
  • Linda shows how her doorbell works
  • The season 14 week of snow episodes featuring Big Bird's cousin Zero and Maria's cousin Mercedes
  • Season 21 epsidoe where Oscar has a trash sale (which I did see when I was a kid, would like to see it again)
  • The cast votes on whether to spend their money on juice or crayons (ditto).
  • Big Bird runs for president.
  • Cookie Monster runs for president. (wow, it'd be great if they'd put out a two-episode DVD with both of these)
  • Big Bird appears on a game show to win a trip for two to Hawaii (okay, this one is a bit significant - a rare street story featuring Guy Smiley).

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
So I’m just curious.

Are there any episodes in particular when the time comes you would like to see for the sake of watching an individual segment/the story itself?
I just want to see episodes with insert's I want to see really badly.
LOL, honestly there's some inserts I'd LOVE to see as well. BUT... would they allow you to record these clips from American Archive of Public Broadcasting? Or, do they have the same policy over that as like Paley Center for Media?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
LOL, honestly there's some inserts I'd LOVE to see as well. BUT... would they allow you to record these clips from American Archive of Public Broadcasting? Or, do they have the same policy over that as like Paley Center for Media?
Why would they allow you to record stuff?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
So I’m just curious.

Are there any episodes in particular when the time comes you would like to see for the sake of watching an individual segment/the story itself?
My choices are starting to get a LOT more difficult nowadays with the "trusted source" episode guides coming in, so this will require some long and hard thinking on my part...

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Sorry for my immediate double post but I just snooped around the AAoPB's website and I'm hoping this will once and for all clear things up on getting admission into the buildings and whether or not you can record any footage: http://americanarchive.org/on-location

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
So @Oscarfan is right. AAOPB says you can't use cams or other recording devices. They've got the same policy as Paley.

All you're allowed to do is photographing for reference purposes only, but not recording cuz of copyright restrictions. To photograph, you'd need authorization from the reference staff.

BertFan

Reaction score
From the article: Photographing images from the screen for reference purposes will be permitted only when authorized in advance by our reference staff.
Does this mean that we can take Photographs, if we have Permission.