An Interesting Thought

Saironi

Reaction score
I watched "I want to be you" today and noticed that while Mokey recited her poem, the only one Red was interested in paying attention to her was Gobo.

Another thing about this episode I found interesting was Philo (or was it Gunge?) making the comment on how impressive Gobo found the poetic fraggle.

This is what I wanna talk about; were they trying out an idea for Red and Mokey to become occasional rivals for Gobo's attention? It seems likely.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I don't think so

I disagree because in previous episodes Mokey is more fond over Boober. To me Mokey and Gobo just hung around because they saw each other on the same level as being the group's leader. Gobo seemed to have a more respect for Mokey. Red gets the attention though from Gobo because they are rivals and are always competiting with each other. In "Marooned" Red voices her opinions of Boober, and afterwards their friendship is just stronger. I'm not sure though, who knows maybe the writers did have other intention.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I think one occasionally gets the feeling that Red has a crush on Gobo (tho she'd never admit it). One could read that episode that way- but then again, she was upset b/c she wanted him to do a slide stunt with her and he wasn't making time for her, but made time for Mokey. In some of the season's later episodes, there are some interesting Mokey/Gobo moments which could be read as indications of deeper feelings- but that's if you choose to read it that way.

Probably the best person to ask about that would be Karen Prell.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Saironi

Reaction score
froggiegirl18 said:
I disagree because in previous episodes Mokey is more fond over Boober.
Actually, Mokey is a kind, loving-everyone, motherly-type of person who acts sweet and sugary towards everyone. She possibly just feels that Boober needs to be reassured that he could be brave. Next to Red, he's possibly the one in the group she feels she has to look out for.

Saironi

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
In some of the season's later episodes, there are some interesting Mokey/Gobo moments which could be read as indications of deeper feelings-
I sort of agree to that. And it seems to be shown in "A New Trash Heap In Town", both in the episode's final song and in the start when Wembely keeps snickering on how much Mokey was doating on Gobo. Although it was probably more embarassment than anything.