Ancient Atari games with muppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes! I have heard of and downloaded it. It never was made for mass production, but did make it as a Prototype.

Of course, there is little reason for explaination as to why it was never relased. Not only was that computer chip market crash a reason, but the game is... well.... pretty awful.

Basically you just walk around, trying to catch the other player, and grab keys to lock the doors (for no apparent reason, I guess) and these little blocks block you from moving. It is a very boring repetitive game, even by Atari standards.

There was also a released game that was much more fun (though, derivitive) called Pigs in Space, featuring Link, Piggy, and Strangepork in three different games (each one gets his/her own) Piggy's game was sort of like Donkey Kong, Links was kind of like Space Invaders, and I do not know much of the Strangepork level.

I have downloaded this one too, but I can only get it to play the Link game.

The difference is that, instead of Space ships, you face Chickens. And instead of a space ship flying by, it's Gonzo (maybe he was an alien to begin with) and.. instead of dying from laser beams, the chickens shoot something that turns you into a chicken.

Wacky city!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Awesome stuff! I've actually heard of this game before, but I don't know if I've ever seen screenshots before. A friend of mine (who's a video game enthusiast and understands my Muppet obsession) will have to see this.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Not only was that computer chip market crash a reason, but the game is... well.... pretty awful.
You just described virtually every Muppet video game out there! D'oh!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i still have an atari system that still works and i have a ton of games that still work too! how cool is that.....aww the classics..

ryan

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
You just described virtually every Muppet video game out there! D'oh!
Well, even still, this one is in a special classification of bad. I mean, the best ones so far are the ones on PS1, and they aren't totally great. But I mean, Pig's Wedding was even worse than that NES stupid game where Fozzie Bear has to walk through a maze of Ice Cream sundaes....

I rented that one once and was horribly dissapointed. I liked the Gonzo level and all, but it wasn't good.

But man, you just walk around, collect a key and tag the other player... snnnzkkkkt.... Almost as bad as the Sesame Street games from NES.... at least those were educational!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Well, even still, this one is in a special classification of bad. I mean, the best ones so far are the ones on PS1, and they aren't totally great. But I mean, Pig's Wedding was even worse than that NES stupid game where Fozzie Bear has to walk through a maze of Ice Cream sundaes....

I rented that one once and was horribly dissapointed. I liked the Gonzo level and all, but it wasn't good.
Well very few Atari games were actually fun with those graphics(at the time I was mostlyat the arcades) However, there are two very very kick butt Muppet games: Muppets Inside CD-Rom(cant say enough good things about this!) and Muppet Pinball Mayhem.
I think overall the biggest abomination has to be that NES game...wow that was bad. Lets hope the new Muppet games coming out are innovative and not more of the same garbage.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But that Fozzie level..... I mean, what were they smoking? He walks through a maze of ice cream sundaes, and .... I can't even remember what happens.....

Does a giant Potato with noses where the eyes should be start vomiting little moose antlers? Seems likme it should....