And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But it has failed some people who were better off, but still being gouged before. Progress leaves some folk behind. Obama knew this going in and said it would have to be addressed. He made the call to benefit the MOST Americans at the expense of FEWER Americans. It doesn't feel that way to the fewer, but that's the truth. It certainly doesn't sound good, but the truth hardly does.
I'm reminded of that cheap Captain America movie from the 90s: "It's bad medicine. And nobody said the medicine was going to taste any good. But can we afford not to take it? I don't think so."

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Okay, I'm going offline for a while. Starting training today for my part time gig at a local art house cinema. Technically, I'm allergic to popcorn, but I love the movies and need a job where I'm not in the apartment all day. I'm a social being with a great job in pop art collectibles, but that can't be all that I am. I want to be able to be more choosy with my clients and to do a job part of the week where it's easier to please people. Wish me luck. Eugh. Training videos!

Censored

Reaction score
Yeah "know your audience" is the key. You can always find someone who will appreciate a certain joke, but you may have to wait until that moment. Like with me and that article.
Like not making ethnic jokes at the expense of Native Americans when one is meeting with them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And as far as the Obamacare criticism, I'm not sure how you can say something is small but substantial. It was not small. It was substantial. It hit a vast majority of Americans with higher insurance costs. Hardly middle-class friendly. Even most democrats agreed that it needed fixing. It was a nice attempt at solving a decades long problem but had major flaws. It kick started a movement towards affordable healthcare that was ignored for a long time. But it definitely hurt many many Americans and should have/could have been done much better.
My cousin's life ended up pretty much relying on Obamacare, so I can't knock it too much. On the other side of the argument, I've read about serious flaws government run healthcare has had in other countries, so I can see the need to be skeptical.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Like not making ethnic jokes at the expense of Native Americans when one is meeting with them.
He was such a spineless weasel too. Trump claimed Congress referred to Warren as Pocahontas. Um, no, Trump. That's you. No one else calls her that. What a friggin coward he is.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I was goth. I'm a natural blonde. Well, a lot of it's gray, but I color. Here's a pic from last month. That's me on the right.
Yeah, I saw a previous pic you posted so this was more aimed at the time the picture was taken. :wink:

Censored

Reaction score
One thing that does annoy me, however, is when people assume that it's ok to make fun of other groups in front of me, just because I don't belong to those groups.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Okay, I'm going offline for a while. Starting training today for my part time gig at a local art house cinema. Technically, I'm allergic to popcorn, but I love the movies and need a job where I'm not in the apartment all day. I'm a social being with a great job in pop art collectibles, but that can't be all that I am. I want to be able to be more choosy with my clients and to do a job part of the week where it's easier to please people. Wish me luck. Eugh. Training videos!
I can see you doing well with customers actually! And yes, I can see how being able to pick clients would be a welcome relief.