1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

And for my first puppet...Animal!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by ashkent, Jul 11, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

Managed to get the "poser" body completed in time for him to play welcoming committee to my new daughter when she came home from hospital on Thursday. The fact that he was naked...less said the better.

[​IMG]
    bandit and Frogpuppeteer like this.
  2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

HAHA i love that the cards are placed perfectly as a censor piece..i hope there was much laughter
  3. ElmoPepper25250

ElmoPepper25250 New Member

what did you use for the hair?
  4. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Looks great!!
    I wonder if the MR Animal can be retrofitted to look like the first one?
    Lynn
  5. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

6. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

I used ostrich feathers. I bought spandosas (I think that's what they were called) .Basically the big ones you usually get in table decorations at weddings.
  7. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm completely blown away at the amount of time it must have taken to put that amazing Animal together, with s0 much detail! I couldn't help but laugh at the picture of n*de Animal too, because, when you think about it, that would be totally in character for him to do. XD Nice card censorship there.
  9. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

I worked out it took about 60 hours just to do the feathers.(roughly 2 hours a day for a month) It was definitely worth it.
  10. WalkingEye

WalkingEye New Member

very impressive!
  11. Animal12

Animal12 New Member

That is really goood!!!! i m gonna start making one myself thats not so complicated. im also gonna post a kermit puppet that i already made. DRUM!!! DRUM!!!!:halo:
  12. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

Good luck. There are a couple of things I would do different if i did it again - mainly the eyelids lift up rather than moving around the eye, and also i discovered that you can buy lengths of the feathers which would be a lot quicker to do than the individual way...although it was a lot of fun to do in a sadistic sort of way. lol. I've just been reminded that i have a couple of other pictures to add now that he's clothed.
  13. Animal12

Animal12 New Member

Cool! try to ost those pics!:)
  14. Animal12

Animal12 New Member

i should show you my kermit its relly good.
  15. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

These were the last photos. The first was just one of the full puppet as he sits in my kitchen, and the second was one I did to use in a "I know someone famous" thing we did at work. It was funny the amount of people who actually asked if I'd really met Animal lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hayley B likes this.
  16. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

:excited: I so want him! :laugh: That is a really awesome job of Animal. :halo:
  17. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Fantastic! He looks great! Do his brows move or are they fixed in place? Either way, that's a bang up job.
  18. Kelso

Kelso New Member

Holy crap! He looks fantastic.
  19. Arthur Smith

Arthur Smith New Member

That's awesome!!! Me want!
  20. Bryan M

Bryan M New Member

Outstanding!