And the next live action cartoon remake Is.......

Drtooth

Reaction score
UNDERDOG.... sounds good? not when you read the premise...

Animation magazine said:
Classic Media seems to be on a roll now that Disney and Spyglass Entertainment are moving ahead with a Live action Cg-enhanced feature based on it's durable property, Underdog. the role of the superpooch will actually be played by a real beagle in the movie, (unlike say, the Garfeild and Scooby-Doo Features.
I regret ever saying "I'd like to see an Underdog film." Considering this is the same studio that SLAUGHTERED the Inspector Gadget movie, I'm not surprised that a cartoon Dog will be played by a real Dog. (BARF!!) How could they even pull it off? Underdog wasn't just some dog who ran around barking. I mean, he did talk in complete sentences and walk on his hind legs, and go undercover as a shoe shine polisher. I mean, unless William Wegman is behind it (artist that photographs dogs heads on human bodies without altering pictures in anyway) I can't see how it will work (making it even less bareable). I mean, that's akin to making a Mickey Mouse movie with a real mouse, real dogs, and real ducks....

Disney... don't ya just love them... :grouchy: :confused: :boo:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*insert the picture of a person being sick over the thought of the live-action Inspector Gadget here*

*insert a picture of a person being sick over the use of a real live dog for Odie here*

Yuckers!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
I would really like to see a live-action Jetsons movie. Wouldn't that be cool?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, there was supposedly a Jetsons live action movie in the works as far back as 1996... I think I read that it was penned by the same people who wrote the "Man on the Moon" movie (Jim carrey in a bioflick about Andy Kauffman)... but nothing ever came out of this.

Beau? You are absolutely dead right to be nausiated! Among the millions of problems with the Inspector Gadget movie, I found the real dog Brain worst of all. I mean, I recall that Brain disguised himself numerous times in numerous episodes to save Gadget, and the dog just sat there. He bit someone on the leg, that's about it! I never understood the machinations of that. I mean, the real life Odie, I can see justified (but I'm not gonna :stick_out_tongue: ) but still.... yucks.

I mean, the live animals with animatronics in George of the Jungle worked out very nicely, but this? Why not make it a completely CGI film instead? I'd rather them make it entirely in old school blocky animation (like the show) but that wouldn't sell.

This is indeed a terrible, awful idea. But then the studio also wants to release Toy Story 3, without the consent of Pixar.

BEAR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Actually, there was supposedly a Jetsons live action movie in the works as far back as 1996... I think I read that it was penned by the same people who wrote the "Man on the Moon" movie (Jim carrey in a bioflick about Andy Kauffman)... but nothing ever came out of this.

Beau? You are absolutely dead right to be nausiated! Among the millions of problems with the Inspector Gadget movie, I found the real dog Brain worst of all. I mean, I recall that Brain disguised himself numerous times in numerous episodes to save Gadget, and the dog just sat there. He bit someone on the leg, that's about it! I never understood the machinations of that. I mean, the real life Odie, I can see justified (but I'm not gonna :stick_out_tongue: ) but still.... yucks.

I mean, the live animals with animatronics in George of the Jungle worked out very nicely, but this? Why not make it a completely CGI film instead? I'd rather them make it entirely in old school blocky animation (like the show) but that wouldn't sell.

This is indeed a terrible, awful idea. But then the studio also wants to release Toy Story 3, without the consent of Pixar.
Without the consent of Pixar? But they would have to agree. The characters belong to Pixar. They wouldn't be able to do a Pixar film without Pixar.

Beauregard

Reaction score
As I see it, the charcters belong to Disney. I think that's right anyway...

But after Cars they are going alone!

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Without the consent of Pixar? But they would have to agree. The characters belong to Pixar. They wouldn't be able to do a Pixar film without Pixar.
Unfortunately, that's both true and false. True in that Pixar created the characters and animated them in two films; false in that Disney holds the rights to the Pixar movies. Personally, I hope Tim Allen and his gang turn their backs on Toy Story 3, as they too should be disgusted by it.

Oh, and the Underdog movie will tank both creatively and financially. Mark my words, as I'm usually right.

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Unfortunately, that's both true and false. True in that Pixar created the characters and animated them in two films; false in that Disney holds the rights to the Pixar movies. Personally, I hope Tim Allen and his gang turn their backs on Toy Story 3, as they too should be disgusted by it.

Oh, and the Underdog movie will tank both creatively and financially. Mark my words, as I'm usually right.
What's so disgusting about making another Toy Story. I think it would be cool.

doctort13

Reaction score
Now there is need to fear

I would be happy if Sony would just release every Underdog cartoon on DVD, forget the stupid movie!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
>>What's so disgusting about making another Toy Story. I think it would be cool.<<

It's kind of like when they fired John K. off of Ren and Stimpy, and made awful episodes after him. the show had none of the spirit, none of the laughs, and wasn't even that well done. I have a feeling Disney will totally ruin it beyond any recognition. I wish they could have at least worked a deal to have Pixar make this one as well, but after Cars (which doesn't look all that impressive, sadly, for something of Pixar's calliber) they're going alone. Personally, I always thought Pixar and Disney co-owned the characters, but that's just me...

>>I would be happy if Sony would just release every Underdog cartoon on DVD, forget the stupid movie!!!<<

I agree. I've been avoiding the smaller DVD releases in hopes they'd get a season by season set like Bullwinkle or an entire series set like Roger Ramjet (depending on how long the show lasted). I can see that if this horrid film takes place there could be a chance. When Garfield and Fat Albert movies were released (dispite the fact both flopped) DVD releases started showing up. I think they're doing quite well, too.