Angel puppet from 'smiletime' episode

sheesh

Reaction score
Hope its okay to post this here, its puppety but non muppets:

Dont know if there are many 'Angel' (ie Buffy) fans on the forum but have just seen in the latest 'Forbidden planet' mail order catalogue that a replica of the puppet from the episode 'smiletime' is being made and will be out later this year. Not only was it one of the funniest episodes but also being a huge puppet fan it was one of the coolest puppets (likeness to a human character) i've ever seen. There is a picture of it in the catalogue and although it looks great and it is even 21" its obviously not quite as spot on as the one from the show. Dont have ability to put pic on site, sorry, picture might be on their website? www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk
Just checked and yes it is, put in angel puppet in the search engine.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yeah, we've discussed it here in the forum before I think.

That picture is not accurate by the way. It was an early prototype. The actual plush should be much closer to the puppet seen in the episode.

robinthecrow

Reaction score
I love that puppet. I want to make similar for an upcoming video project I have in the works.

I'm curious about Angel puppet's eyebrows? Is that hand operated (as inside the head by the puppeteer hand) or is it external or something?

sheesh

Reaction score
That picture is not accurate by the way. It was an early prototype. The actual plush should be much closer to the puppet seen in the episode.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info, am even more excited about getting one now.
By the way, do you know who actually made it for the episode?

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Drew Massey.

There's a good look at a behind-the-scenes of the episode in the 2004 Year Magazine... including Drew Massey performing the puppet with his assistance being the hands... I'll see about scanning them.

What are my chances of contacting Drew about it?