Angel Smile Time puppet custom

Andrewface

Reaction score
I want to make my own Angel Smile Time puppet, an exact replica (as close as I can), does anyone know what materials to use and what techniques, etc. i should use to make this puppet as close to the real one as possble?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They have them for sale already. You can check online for it. It's about $40-$60 and is an extreme likeness of what is on the show. They have regular and battle-worn Angel.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
It ain't no puppet!

It's not a puppet, it's just a doll. I preordered it when the first one came out, excited to get as it said "Angel Puppet Replica". No where did it say it wasn't really a puppet. Huge dissapointment! I actually emailed Diamond (the manufacturer) about it, and they never got back to me. I guess you'd call that quality customer service! Sarcasim!:frown:

Andrewface

Reaction score
I have all 3 of them, I like them, but they do not resemble the real one from teh show, that's why I want to make one that looks like the one(s) from the show, can you guys help me?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
take one of the ones you have and disasemble it, then retor design a patterne as a puppet, enlarge it since the puppet is bigger than the doll,

its made like most TV puppets, foam and fleece,

Andrewface

Reaction score
how about without destroying the ones I have, I want to make one from all NEW materials, thanks for the suggestion though

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i suppose it all depends on your skill level?, have you built a puppet before?, if not i suggest you look up puppet building here on the forum, youll need to learn about pattern making, sculpting , etc.etc.

good luck,

i supose you could take a pattern off the doll, by draping it in Muslin(a cheap material used for making patterns),

Andrewface

Reaction score
I have not built a puppet befire, but my brother has and he is very good, he works for a scene design place for his job and he is extremeley artistic, he has made a few puppets before and is still working on some, so I guess my skill level will be high, if borrowed from my brother.

Thanks for the help ravagefrackle

I think my main question now would be, what is the skin and hair made from and what type of "mold" would I use for the puppet's abilities (mouth move, eyebrows move up and down)?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
hes a basic "Muppet" stlye puppet so look at the puppet building threads here,

as for mech (blinks and brows and stuff), youll have to figure that out , there are many ways to do it, but i do not build mechs ,