Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well CG is not the way to go, but I just hope there will be some real cool suprises in this movie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
On CG and Casting

I would hope that Segel would keep a full "tool box" of cameos and effects for the Muppet film. Everything has its place and I think he can create a classic-looking Muppet film with new top stars in brief cameos and a bit of subtle CG blending here and there if needed.

As far as cameo casting - it's fantastic they seem to be getting A-list rising stars interested in participating. I might not like all of the cameos but it's a far cry from having to watch Paula Abdul dress the Muppets up in tight pink vinyl pants and make them dance! :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well if they get to many Stars it will become one of there movies insteed of a Muppet movie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well if they get to many Stars it will become one of there movies insteed of a Muppet movie.
The Muppet Movie guest stars list includes:
Edgar Bergen, Milton Berle, Mel Brooks, James Coburn, Dom DeLuise, Charles Durning, Elliott Gould, Bob Hope, Madeline Kahn, Carol Kane, Cloris Leachman, Steve Martin, Austin Pendleton, Richard Pryor, Telly Savalas, Paul Williams and Orson Welles among others and it didn't turn into "their movie" so I'd have to disagree as long as they're kept as cameo roles as has already been mentioned.

I just see too much undue concern. All this great news is getting skewed and picked-apart. Segel appears to be making this Muppet film the way the classics were. I don't think a fan can ask for anything more. I don't think anything more can be done.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would hope that Segel would keep a full "tool box" of cameos and effects for the Muppet film. Everything has its place and I think he can create a classic-looking Muppet film with new top stars in brief cameos and a bit of subtle CG blending here and there if needed.

Hey. nothing wrong with blending the muppets WITh CGI, as long as old and new technology can co-exist. I for one think the muppets should STAY felt and foam, but if a little CGI was added as effects, I'm all for it.

I really wish they'd reintroduce Waldo from the Jim Henson Hour here, though...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Edgar Bergen, Milton Berle, Mel Brooks, James Coburn, Dom DeLuise, Charles Durning, Elliott Gould, Bob Hope, Madeline Kahn, Carol Kane, Cloris Leachman, Steve Martin, Austin Pendleton, Richard Pryor, Telly Savalas, Paul Williams and Orson Welles among others and it didn't turn into "their movie" so I'd have to disagree as long as they're kept as cameo roles as has already been mentioned.

I just see too much undue concern. All this great news is getting skewed and picked-apart. Segel appears to be making this Muppet film the way the classics were. I don't think a fan can ask for anything more. I don't think anything more can be done.
Who can ask for anything more?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Just as long as The Muppets can finally get out of the rut they've been in since their trip down the yellow brick road, I'll be one satisfied fan.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I second that. :smile:
Of course, I'd love to see ANYONE from that show, but they've all gone to the same depths of obscurity that Monty, Dr. Nobel Price, and Sherri Netherland have been in for years.