Animal in VH-1 Advert

Rizzo1177

Reaction score
I was watching VH-1 last night at about 10:15 EST when I saw a promotion for the station that included footage of lots of different rock and roll drummers. Animal was included in the clips. That's perfect because every drummer I know bases himself off of Animal.

:halo:

Did you know that Billy Joel once said that he felt that Animal was based off of his longtime drummer, Liberty Devito? Keen.

Ryan

Reaction score
Rizzo1177 said:
Did you know that Billy Joel once said that he felt that Animal was based off of his longtime drummer, Liberty Devito? Keen.
Actually, he was based off of drummer Kieth Moon.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Actually Frank Oz says that Animal is the incarnation of all wild drummers.

Ryan

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Actually Frank Oz says that Animal is the incarnation of all wild drummers.
Yeah, but before Frank was assigned the character, Jim created him around Kieth Moon.

alexmongers

Reaction score
:halo: hi folks. hopefully i can help here, i'm a drummer and a massive who fan. if you see any old who footage (isle of wight dvd is good) you can see a lot of keith moon in animal. the way he throws his arms and hair about and his big double bass drum kit is a dead giveaway. moons antics were legendary- always up to some mayhem. aparently when keith moon was alive he was very flattered by animal. i was watching a muppets programme today which was a documentary about the muppet show. it was amazing, different from other documentaries. it went through most of the characters in the show with a short biog and interviews with fans and guest stars and performers. it is by far the best muppet documentary i've ever seen. its called "i love the muppets" it even interviews floyd as he is now. it was awesome. it was made by the bbc. and presented by :concern: and :rolleyes: how i wish :rolleyes: was in the original show!