Animal! ! ! !

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hey folks, some of you may know that I'm currently working on a huuuuge Muppet illustration that will hopefully feature even the mostlesser-know Muppet Show characters. I've already posted unfinished previews of Dr. Teeth and Bunsen and Beaker, here on MC and thought I'd share my work-in-progress Animal. Hope you like...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Cheers Vic! I'm trying to do an illustration that I would like to see as a Muppet fan!

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh wow, those pics are amazing! :excited: And the bunny is cute-as. ^^

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Wow. You've come a long way since the Bunsen and Beaker one. I see Gonzo is now in front of Bunsen. Can't really tell who's behind Animal on the left, and you did a good job with Kermit. I still don't know why, but I just get a real kick out of this Animal + bunny thing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
"Amazing! ! ! !" :big_grin: - and the bunny is perfect too. He's such a good companion for Animal. How goes the pig? She's going to be the most difficult. Are you saving her for last?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
"Amazing! ! ! !" :big_grin: - and the bunny is perfect too. He's such a good companion for Animal. How goes the pig? She's going to be the most difficult. Are you saving her for last?
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, the pig is a pain in the ****. I have done several Piggys. Now BEFORE you click on the link below to see the pig remember this - she is very far from finished, think MR prototype if you will. The hair style may not stay and there are a significant number of tweaks that need to be done to the face, and whilst I welcome constructive criticism, I would like you to 'bear' (an extremely cryptic clue to the next character:wink:) this in mind.

Again, I'm only showing her at this early stage because Jamie asked and he is a stuperstar and has helped me out significantly with this project.

Ok, here goes...

Remember, early stage...

OK...:eek:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/3444561251/

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hey, don't beat yourself up about Piggy. Considering how insanely hard it is to get her right ... I personally think you did. :big_grin:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hey, don't beat yourself up about Piggy. Considering how insanely hard it is to get her right ... I personally think you did. :big_grin:
Thanks RedPiggy, I will get there eventually...hopefully

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Already fantastic with the potential to be the finest representation of the pig in years. The wavy hair is a nice alternative to the flat look the puppet now wears. I can't even imagine painting curls! I have found that making the hair slightly curlier at her shoulders is a pretty good method in giving her that modern yet classic look that fans like so much.

She's plump but pretty - and the ratio of facial elements is spot-on. Her eyes emote far more here than in the modern puppet. I am just so excited about this design! It's already A-grade work in my book!

Thanks for sharing this. Just wow!