Animal's Articulation

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this thread will get more attention over her at MC rather than at Palisades, or maybe I just want to hedge my bets with other members responses to this problem. My collection now has a second S2 regular Animal figure, but only his left hand has full turning articulation. Stuck the figure in the freezer last night for about 3 hours and then again for another 2 hours this morning, which resulted in the left hand's articulation freeing up. What do you guys recommend to loosen the other limbs' articulation? Should I ask my brother to trickle a few drops of grease before trying again? Should I stick the figure in the freezer for another ice-storage but for a prolonged period like say 6-8 hours? Please respond ASAP with your suggestions, cause I'd really like to get this figure's articulation fully functional. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I had the same problem, and ended up breaking his right hand off! Luckily the right glue fixed it, albeit w/o articulation.

I ran his stuck joints under warm water and that loosened them up. Can't promise it will work for the hand, though, being such a small joint.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave, you're a little too late. The second Animal figure, the one I bought from ZackAttack, has his left hand and both feet fully-functional regarding their articulation. Unfortunately, the right hand snapped off. Currently looking to get in touch with Palisades Toys for a replacement or whether it would be better to sell my EM playset with one of the two Animal figures so that I can buy another EM playset with the hopes that a new Animal figure's hands and feet will have better or easier to loosen articulation in the hands and feet. What are your thoughts on the subject? Should I just give up and accept two Animal figures with stuck joints due to their being reglued? Or should I try to hunt down a S2 Animal figure with perfect articulation to make my collection complete with a fully-functioning articulated figure of one of my favorite Muppets? Thanks for the help and have a great night.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
No of course you shouldn't accept it. I tried to e-mail you today, and got the e-mail bounced back. E-mail me your address again. Check to see if I ended up in your junk mailbox.

suggsy

Reaction score
Well, ken since you're offering

My Animal's right hand and left foot came off even after freezing him overnight. The right foot doesn't turn either but I've been too afriad to try it, leaving him behind the kit. It was a xmas gift so I never had a receipt to return. I feel bad since you guys already replaced his missing drumstick but I thought you'd like to know.

If it makes you feel any better I have all 3 series and no other figure has had this problem. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken, if you're out there and listening, here are the three E-mail addresses you can send your message to:
voltbats@yahoo.com,
coinscrooge@yahoo.com,
or
cyberscare@hotmail.com.

Don't really know why your previous message would be bounced from my primary E-mail address, since the Palisades forum profile has that one registered as
my address and I keep getting E-mail notices there as to thread updates. Anyway, please remember to include "Animal Figure" in the subject and your response
to how I can best resolve the issue regarding my Animal figures. Thanks for your help and promptness, and have a great weekend.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
You mean we can do something about the figures that break if it's an established & recurrent flaw like this? I wasn't sure because I had already spent the $38 to buy the playset from Palisades direct, which arrived with a broken drumset, and then spent another $8 shipping it back, only for Animal's hand to break off. Can ya help me out as well, Ken?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't see why Ken couldn't help you out too, Dave. You'll just have to wait till Monday like me for him to get in touch with you and set up some sort of dialogue about the problem with Animal. Wouldn't hurt to drop him a line that you're seeking help with the same situation as myself, though you'll have to wait till Monday cause the Palisades crew has to re-work their DSL provider. Hope that helps, and I hope that Ken can satisfy both our current Muppet figure fixes.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think Palisades have to replace figures where the person has actually broken something off themselves, but ya never know, they are nice guys. Sounds like they are going to get a lot of requests ! :eek:

Do the Tour Animals have this articulation problem too ? I was thinking about buying a few but if i'm gonna have problems i might just get the one.

Gonzo the Grape

Reaction score
I guess I lucked in, my Animal was very well movable. I was worried about moving his eyebrows when I first got him, I thought they would break off, but they're fine!
(I hook his chain on the top of the symbol to his left, it looks neat, I don't know why I'm mentioning it here :big_grin: )
One thing I keep worrying about is Bunsen's glasses, anyone run into problems there? They seem so fragile.

:confused: -"Oh Dear!"